1. DDz Quorum DD_Fenrir Posted July 19, 2024 1. DDz Quorum Posted July 19, 2024 I've been a baaaaad boi.... That's a VPForce Rhino base, a 20cm Virpil cranked extension, a VKB MkIII adapater and a VKB F-14 grip. Still waititing on a VKB Black Box controller to allow the grip to connect to the PC and then I will be obliged to indulge in some rather brutal furniture modifications (calling my woodworking skills carpentry would be an insult to the trade) to (a) provide a solid mounting surface so it doesn't throw itself around like some demon-possessed jack in the box, (b) provide an arrangement that will also trap the office chair roller wheels so as not to propel me away from the PC whenever I try and use my rudder pedals and (c) allow full free and unrestriced movement to the stick (currently the desk and the chair occlude it's movement). Time for a little surgery... 4 Quote
1. DDz Quorum DD_Fenrir Posted August 5, 2024 Author 1. DDz Quorum Posted August 5, 2024 So... Butchery complete: It's awesome. Me verry happy Fenrir. Big thanks to @BluBear for the loan of the jigsaw. It worked flawlessly and as a bonus I managed to keep all my appendages! 4 1 Quote
BluBear Posted August 6, 2024 Posted August 6, 2024 You're most welcome old bean, happy to help. Looks awesome, gissago! Quote
1. DDz Quorum DD_Fenrir Posted August 7, 2024 Author 1. DDz Quorum Posted August 7, 2024 15 hours ago, BluBear said: Looks awesome, gissago! You know where I live... stop in on your way home one evening and fill your boots! 1 Quote
Crash Posted August 8, 2024 Posted August 8, 2024 Got your name down for one of these? https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1702159715/dcs-world-f-14-tomcat-acm-panel?click_key=6c82715d1193247f8d85e1f777eba30999681438%3A1702159715&click_sum=4e14c18b&ref=shop_home_feat_1&sts=1 Quote
Crash Posted Saturday at 11:29 AM Posted Saturday at 11:29 AM On 7/19/2024 at 3:09 PM, DD_Fenrir said: I've been a baaaaad boi.... That's a VPForce Rhino base, a 20cm Virpil cranked extension, a VKB MkIII adapater and a VKB F-14 grip. Still waititing on a VKB Black Box controller to allow the grip to connect to the PC and then I will be obliged to indulge in some rather brutal furniture modifications (calling my woodworking skills carpentry would be an insult to the trade) to (a) provide a solid mounting surface so it doesn't throw itself around like some demon-possessed jack in the box, (b) provide an arrangement that will also trap the office chair roller wheels so as not to propel me away from the PC whenever I try and use my rudder pedals and (c) allow full free and unrestriced movement to the stick (currently the desk and the chair occlude it's movement). Time for a little surgery... How is it going Fen? I think I might be able to talk myself into doing something like this as my WH is about 10 years old so..... 1 Quote
1. DDz Quorum DD_Fenrir Posted 39 minutes ago Author 1. DDz Quorum Posted 39 minutes ago On 9/26/2026 at 12:29 PM, Crash said: How is it going Fen? I think I might be able to talk myself into doing something like this as my WH is about 10 years old so..... Hello Crasheroony! Good to hear from you. Touch wood, it's doing well! The only thing I might change is going for the stronger motors, but that came with additional cost that I couldn't really justify at the time... but ultimately it feels great and just having the stick between your thighs and resting your wrist on your leg as you control the 'aircraft' feels much more like actually flying - with FFB on top, it's bloody marvellous! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.