Italians....it's In Their Blood

SkyPup

Alas, I don’t have any good photos.

But back in the good old days when Egypt still had tourist, one of my favorite weekend pastimes was to be at one of the antiquity sites, like the Giza Pyramids, when a bus load of Italian tourist showed up.

The young ladies (usually in the company of a much older man) would almost always be dressed like they were out for a stroll in a fashionable part of Rome or Florence. They would be wearing a sheer silk blouse without a bra, a tight and very short skirt and high heels, 10 cm high or higher.

It was amazing fun to watch them wiggle and jiggle their way around the rough terrain, giant chunks of stone work and inevitable filth, trash and feces (horse, camel and human) that litter all of the antiquity sites in Egypt. All the while trying to be the center of attention for their much older male companion.

I’m confident that if CaptJackG ever made it to Cairo, that he would have one of these lovely young ladies on his arm.

Just watching them try to move around the rougher parts of the site, where they might have to stretch their legs in order to step up onto a 60 cm stone block, in their short, tight skirts, while at the same time being careful to not forfeit what little virtue they still retained, was well worth the price of admission.

But as I said, that was back in the good old days. Now we are all taking bets as to if it will be hyper-inflation or the elimination of government subsidies in exchange for an IMF loan that will trigger the food riots. :icon_farao:

Hunger Games Egyptian style.

Oh for the good ol days of Mubarak and Italian tourists.

French Canadian women are the same. They dress up just to go to Wal-Mart.

Alas the rest of Canada, the women dress in sweat pants for normal wear. Getting dressed up now is changing into clean jeans.