Whirlwind of Vietnam

Arsenal

I like all things flight sim related, and there has been a huge vacancy in the helicopter flight sim area for quite some time. I think the last decent one I had was Jane's Longbow 2 which has long ago ceased to work on my computer. The publishers of IL2, 1:C is publishing a new helicopter sim this year based upon the Vietnam era. It seems pretty interesting, and I will post more details on it as they become available. Any other helo simmers out here in our ranks?

http://int.games.1c.ru/whirlwind_of_vietnam/

whirlwind_of_vietnam6.jpg

Cockpits look nice!

whirlwind_of_vietnam1.jpg

Terrain engine looks like it will be similar to IL2

• 1. DDz Quorum

Me too :) It's the only reason I bought FS9, for my rotary addiction.

Having rudder pedals helps too, and I need to get my throttle quad programmed for it too....when I get time :)

Nice heads up Arsenal!

Actually, I used to fly LB 2 online with some guys some 5-6 years ago. It was a hoot! We had an SOP where if you flew higher than 50 feet, you were sent back to ground school! And this was at 125-150 kts in a Longbow! It was a cool game in its day.

Yup love heli sims

cannae wait for the Lomac addon black shark- looks a good bit better than the one above

Yes, those do look very nice. But like IL2, I'm attracted to this era due to the imprecise munitions used, and the necessity to get "in the face" of the enemy. Those modern sims have too many computers and complications for my tastes. Let me know how it is though!

Yes, those do look very nice. But like IL2, I'm attracted to this era due to the imprecise munitions used, and the necessity to get "in the face" of the enemy. Those modern sims have too many computers and complications for my tastes. Let me know how it is though!

Totally agree, love the way Lomac looks and jets are pretty cool, but the combat to me is pretty dull.

i know some guys get a lot of kicks out of radar combat and such but to me its boring and complicated as hell.

i will probably get it just to zoom around in though.

not a patch on older theatres.

absolute dream? korean war sim, jets with guns combat- that would be cool

also i think theres a falklands war sim in the pipe line- that would be a bit more imprecise

The last helicopter sim I played pretty regularly was "Hind" which I freakin' LOVED! It was the first sim I flew which had individual ground troops to strafe. SWEET! And the fact that you could land in the middle of a mission and reload was great. Landing was a real task, though.