Port Forwarding on a DSL modem/router

Sunflower

• 1. DDz Quorum

21000 is your internal port, unless you configure your server to listen on an alternate port number.

Your router does 'port translation' a handy feature if you need it, confusing otherwise.

You could (but wouldn't actually want to) direct external requests for port 21000 to port 80 (http and have a web server with a default page telling them to go elsewhere and procreate).

• 2 weeks later...

I figured I would post here, thanks to roger last week I got set up for hosting and everything worked well. last night I bumped into Cold Gambler after our coops session and I offered to host a little. well needless to say he was not able to connect. I went and checked my port forwarding and it all seemed the same as it was. I had no Idea what to do next. so we just met up on HL.

I guess my question is. is there a way to check this connecteion by yourself? without someone else

Holly poop.gif BG, YOUR ALIVE!!!!!!!!! :o :o

we were worried about you last night when you were not around.

you think that it could still be his end even though he could still connect to HL?

Just very tired yesterday afternoon perhaps because I got the bill for my backhoe repairs..........$3,800. It almost brought on another attack :)