A question for those who have RoF on DVD. Once loaded onto pc, do you need to have the disc in the drive to run the game?

Also, I'm running an Intel dual core E6600, an nvidia 9800gt 500mb. card with 2ghz of fast ram on win XP. Any idea of what sort of performance I'll get out of RoF on my machine?

Nope.

Thought so. Thanks Jedi. Probably for the best or I might have got myself in loads of trouble! I tried to order RoF earlier this year but Play.Com were out of stock. Then I thought I'd wait for the Iron Cross edition.

Earlier today my eldest son placed a few wrapped pressies under our Christmas tree. I'm pretty sure he's got me RoF :thumbsu: Home alone at the moment..........just, tempting.....must resist.........will resist.......... :wacko:

A question for those who have RoF on DVD. Once loaded onto pc, do you need to have the disc in the drive to run the game?

Also, I'm running an Intel dual core E6600, an nvidia 9800gt 500mb. card with 2ghz of fast ram on win XP. Any idea of what sort of performance I'll get out of RoF on my machine?

HI Arthur,

Here are the minimum system requirements:

Win XP or vista;

CPU Intel core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz;

Free hard disk space: 6 Gb;

Directx 9.0 compatible joystick;

Graphic card: 512 Mb GeFprce 8800GT / Radeon HDS3500;

You should be able to run it fine however you wont be able to have all the eyecandy effects this great sim has to offer.

Arthur,

I'm running:

E8400

2 X ATI 4850

2 gigs of RAM

and as MT says, I can run fine but without all the eye candy... I can assure you that even so, RoF is a visual treat- better in all respects than IL-2 (cockpits, scenery, explosions etc...) which I suppose is not too surprising given that IL-2 is a lot older.

A neat feature of RoF is that it lets you know if your graphic settings are too high (as a % of memory) before you start the game up.

Another nice thing is that the developers assigned many of the default keystrokes from IL-2 (clever clever).

Cheers,

C_G