a question about photshop

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hi, i have never used photshop and was wondering if it would be any use for a situation I have at work. the company I work for own lots of pubs. We are responsible for doing up the outside of the buildings. This involves re-painting. There is no corporate branding/colour scheme, each pub is done up on its own. The problem is the guys in charge of painting a pub sometimes are not sure what colour to use. Painting a pub the wrong colour could be expensive and bad for trade!.

My question is would photshop be able to colour in brickwork etc so that they could get an impression of what the building would look like?

I have tried it in Paint, but its was very labouious as working on a phot there is no defind area.

Any advice / recommenations very welcome!

I use Paint Shop Pro as well, but the principals should be the same. The easiest way to do it frior is to use the photo as the background layer. Create a separate raster layer on which to paint (if you don't know what I mean, think of a picture with a plastic transparency on it. You will be painting on the transparancy while the underlying photo remains untouched). Change the opacity of the created raster layer to around 70% or so, and this will allow you to paint while still being able to see the image underneath for reference. Once you are happy with the way it looks, you can merge the images and save it to whatever file you wish, but probably .bmp for this purpose.

Sorry to say that there is no "quick and easy" way that I know of to do what you are doing. It will be a time consuming process to paint everything to make it look presentable. I think it would be interesting to be involved in something like this, so if you need any assistance, let me know. No charge of course (well maybe a pint or two reserved for me one day)!