NEW DISCORD SERVER DETAILS - SIGN UP NOW - Dogz Members Only Private Thread ×

Dogz At Pegasus

JensenPark

The famous cannon (taken on the side of the bridge the Brits landed). A Brit soldier manned the cannon and I guess when wild with it...blasting everything.

DSCF2204.jpg

Bust of Major Howard and a marking stone where the first glider landed. The pilot of that glider is still alive and now lives on Vancouver Island.

DSCF2206.jpg

This pic was taken by the cannon...shows you just how amazingly close they landed that glider.

DSCF2210.jpg

This shows where glider number 3 landed (you can see it at the point of Sid's head. Just past that is where Glider 2 landed...look just to the right of Howard's bust...at Sid's eye level and you just might make out the 3rd marker)

DSCF2209.jpg

The glider landing 'sled/ski' from Howard's actual glider. In the Pegasus museum.

DSCF2214.jpg

DSCF2215.jpg

Pegasus Bridge sign erected by the Brits a short while after the battle (month maybe?)

DSCF2212.jpg

Jabo

DSCF2216.jpg

actual bullet scarrings on the bridge from the fight

DSCF2222.jpg

• 1. DDz Quorum

Thanks JP, good photos. I am in awe of that location.

Your method of indicating the glider landing locations made me chuckle...

'This shows where glider number 3 landed (you can see it at the point of Sid's head. Just past that is where Glider 2 landed...look just to the right of Howard's bust...at Sid's eye level and you just might make out the 3rd marker)'

sums me up perhaps....level-headed?

Two years ago, when Painless and I were there, we went looking for the markers.

We found, across the river from the restaurant, 3 boulders about 25 to 75 yards from the bridge so assumed they were the markers.

As we were leaving and rushing to the ferry, we realized we were on the wrong side of the road and that the gliders landed on the other side. Right side of the river we were...wrong side of the road. D'oh.

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ JP M8,

Very nice pictures, and what a great way to end a great week that was ! Having some "time with the boys" is such a fantastic tonic don't you think !thumbsu.gif

We knew how to make things interesting even up to the last minute....." hang on boys, the Ferry leaves in an hour ! " A_laughing_matter.gif

Sid..."sums me up perhaps....level-headed? " I know at least one of you is, but the others ..... !! LMAOstartle.gif

FT... NEXT TIME !

I will get Tim's pics uploaded next week.

~S~ Painless.

Here we are at Pegasus Bridge, having a leisurely stroll.

Sid: "We should check what time the ferry leaves. It's almost 3:30"

JP: "Painless says 6:30, but I'll check with him"

Painless: "It's 6:30 or something. I'll check the confirmation. Oh, right. 16:30."

Sid/Jabo/JP: "SHIT!!"