Want To Fly Again

Fireman

Ok gents could someone point me to the correct thread that would guide me step by step through the install....my install is way out of date and I'd like to catch up to what is current. What should I be downloading and how should it be installed? I'll try TS right now to see if that is at least current....

~S~

What you'll need if you're starting from scratch is IL2 1946 v4.07 which is the version on the DVD which is a compilation of all the previous releases on it.

Then you'll need to patch to version 4.08, then version 4.09m which gets you up to date with the standard game.

Currently the Dogz are running UltraPack 2.1 so you 'll need to download and install UP2.0, then UP2.0n, then UP2.1 and finally UP 2.1 Hot Fix. At this point your game is finally good to go !

At least the above is the procedure that I followed recently that worked for me ! Others may have an easier suggestion for you.

Comms currently is Team Speak3.

HTH

Dave

Andrew,

You have a very quick download connection so you would be much better off, just making one download of UP 2.01. It is 4+Gbs but would take less than an hour for you to do. Best way to download it is via Torrent.

You need to go here: http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php/topic,1536.0.html

Scroll down :

UP 2.01 Full Download is available for Torrent:

UP 2.01 Full Torrent

Double click on 2.01 Full Torrent and grab the Torrent.

If you don't know how to run torrents, I can walk you through it quickly on TS.

Make sure you make a copy of 4.09m and then install the full 2.01 over that. You want to save User file, config ini, skins. and any missions you like. Once you have 2.01 installed you need to run the updater that will correct any bad files you might have. The updater will be in your program files for the game.

well....install seemed to go well...I could fly offline and also managed to hook up with Badaim last nigh....so online appears to be working as well......not sure what to do with all the JSGME stuff but otherwise all seems fine.

Just experiment with jsgme and see how the various things work. No, wait, your building a house, you don't have time for that crap. First thing to note is that if you hover over the various options you'll get a little tool tip kind of window that tells you a lot about each thing. With that you can come up with questions for next time you run into one of us that's into all this and has screwed around with it. Most of it is eye candy anyway, but some things can give you nice performance helps (and some will give you big hits). A good place to look is Fruitbat's guide in the Mods section, as well (he's a lot more clever than he looks).

• 2. Administrators

Ha, thanks BadAim, i think....

I've been meaning to add some more to that guide, re setting up stuff in the JSGME to get the best out of it, although snackos guide has good information to do with the individual jsgme options, guess this may be a cue to get on with that sometime soon...

Will do something either today or tomorrow hopefully