Hey...Beebop (or other skinner)

Shadow

That's what I'd do mate. I did a search for cyrillic fonts, but I couldn't get them to open in my paintshop program. It must not be supported, but I would think that it wouild be the same file font in a .ttf format. Hrmmmm. Maybe need a cyrillic keyboard too? Anyways, I'll let you know if I come across something (for one of your future projects).

Okay... that's a little weird.

Over a hundred views in in half an hour?

Anyway I'm going to pull out the magic wand, then try to smooth it out after blowing it up around 500%. It's all I can think of at the moment.

That was probably my fault. I've had an intermittent problem @ home using Feedreader; it calls up window after window of Internet Explorer trying to open the thread in a new window until I shut off the computer...I thinks it's a virus, but hopefully it's just a Feedreader glitch...it's only happened twice.

I think this is about as close as I'll get. I ended up drawing the numbers.

Profile Russian.jpg

Skin Link02.jpg

Maybe nudge the one and the five a little closer, now that I see them side by side.

What prog. are you using to skin with? I downloaded GIMP, but I haven't begun to learn it yet...I need more tutorials. I would like to be able to do skins myself...

Hi Rattler,

I use PhotoShop version 7.

It's really quite a versatile program with a steep learning curve. I've been using it for a few years now and still find new and interesting things about it that I had no idea existed.

As for GIMP, I've never used it, but as I understand it, a lot of skinnners do. And you can't beat the price :P

A quick look over at the 'zoo produced this link:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 3071064713

EDIT: The links in that thread have been moved here:

http://www.flightsimguides.com/

Skinners Paintshop is down at the moment, but check it out when it's back up. A wealth of knowledge and a number of good basic tutorials to be found.

My best advice is to just do it. Pop a skin or a void into GIMP (or whatever program you finally decide on) and have at it. Explore the various tools and become familiar with how it works. Once you get a feel for it, start asking questions in one of the above forums. With few exceptions, Ive found the skinning community to be very patient, helpful and friendly. If you do end up with PhotoShop, I'll be more than happy to answer any questions or supply you with templates.

I look forward to seeing your first skin,