I Went To A Lan Event This Weekend

Sulky

so after letting me go to the lan the wife decided we were going to paint the living room...so far so good

near the end we had to move 2 bookcases, so we emptied all my models off which just left a few books on each

moved the 1st one no hassles

moved the 2nd one.......we had forgot about a small cast iron lamp which we hadnt used in months sitting on the top..6ft 6ins up

gently sliding the unit 2 ft out of the way the fecker fell...all 2 kgs of it...5 ft down onto my low lying head attached to someone carefully sliding out a unit

well the wife fell about laughing till i removed my hand and their was more blood than the opening of saving private ryan...or shaving ryans privates

and this was the result

if you dont like blood dont look further down the page

DSC_2408.jpg

and of course we get trained in self aid in the military....this was my attempt

DSC_2409.jpg

My LAN parties always end in bloodshed as well, strange.

Bookcases are evil, and should be avoided.

Also, props on posting your injuries, like a true dangerdog, we always find some excuse to put up wierd pictures.

"so after letting me go to the lan the wife decided..."

...that I needed to be punished, severely, for my sheer audacity in not only asking, but GOING, all while maintaining plausible deniability. Thus, the classic, "help me move this bookcase with something REALLY heavy on it" gambit.

Don't go to Duxford, M8! You may find a tiger trap dug in your garden when you get home!

DT

• 1. DDz Quorum

Don't go to Duxford, M8! You may find a tiger trap dug in your garden when you get home!

And this is from the guy who returned from his trip to Duxford to find his wife was pregnant..

Wait..that didn't come out quite right..

Or did it? ;)

And this is from the guy who returned from his trip to Duxford to find his wife was pregnant..

Wait..that didn't come out quite right..

Or did it? ;)

Hey, we both got something out of the trip, so no problem!

DT