Wind mod

Perfesser

An upcoming SEOW will incorporate variable winds.

I read a bit on this wind mod and it's pretty easy to set up for any flight. You can point it to an entire folder.

You can have a simple setup with constant wind or change all the parameters for variable conditions.

You can even set it up differently for every weather condition (good, poor, rain etc.)

Go into your Ultr@PackDocs folder inside the IL2 folder.(open up the ZloyPetrushkO_WindConfig&Atmosphere_Mods.txt while you're there)

Look for a folder (at the top?) called WeatherSet and open Weatherset.exe inside.

There you can set up all that stuff.

Possible problem.

I have the wind set to top out at 1000m but it seems to be active to 1500. Twice now I've had a system lockup as I'm diving on an enemy approaching 1500. I don't know if it's related to the wind mod or the UP2.0N patch.

It's also buggy on takeoff. I've had it weathercock into the wind and then be sliding backwards across the runway, brakes fully on. Throttle will hold it.

I think wind speed is measured in meters/sec. 10m/s= 36km/hr, that's a lot of wind, probably beyond the crosswind capability of most A/C in the game.