New Monitor

Shadow

Dell has a $150.00 off sale on it's beautiful 2407WFP 24" wide screen monitor this week and I couldn't pass it up. Plus $0.00 shipping!

Now I have to sit tight for two weeks, although tha last one I ordered, (the 21" model) arrived in four days.

So, what I need to know is how to set up FB to play at 1920x1200 resolution.

Thanks for any help,

• 1. DDz Quorum

A bit late right now, but it's a case of entering the resolution in conf.ini:

[window]

width=1600

height=1200

ColourBits=32

DepthBits=24

StencilBits=8

ChangeScreenRes=1

FullScreen=1

DrawIfNotFocused=0

EnableResize=0

EnableClose=1

SaveAspect=1

Use3Renders=0

Black bars will most likely result either side or above and below. This is normal.

Bloody nice screen...I'm green :)

• 2 weeks later...

OMFG!!!

This thing is the cat's ass! Here's a screenie. Picture it at 24 inches.

And no black bars on the side or bottom. You see it as I see it.

la5wide.jpg

The location of the speed bar and HUD may take a little getting used to, but I'll handle it B)

Even with this and the 20" both hooked up, I'm still running at 60FPS. If I didn't have vertical sync enabled it would max higher. I can't run at max resolution though. I had to lower it to 1680x1050 to get these frame rates.

Shadow rating for the 2407WFP... :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sweet, I just got a new monitor as well as a new room and desk. Mine is only 22", but worth every penny. Congrates and let me know when you upgrade your video card so I can as well :D]

Be a while. I'm still on AGP so next video upgrade is a full computer build. Maybe the kids will loan me five grand out of their allowance :D

Nice room, BTW. I'm partial to hardwood floor and oak furniture :thumbleft:

Tonar-san,

Your computer room is a disgrace to bachelors the world over. I have compiled a list of discrepancies than need to be remedied post haste:

1) Bachelor shall have no less than 5 empty beer cans in or around the computer desk. They may be on the floor, but no further than a radius of 4 feet. Cans may be in various states of crushing. Acceptable forms of crushing include: the hand squeeze crush, forehead slam crush, the "I don't give a damn" thrown against the wall crush, etc.

2) Bachelor shall have a least one pair of dirty underwear somewhere in or about the computer desk, preferably draped over the monitor. For the fastidious bachelor, a clean pair may be substituted, but must be of a dark color so you can't really tell if they are clean or not. In any case, underwear must be in such a state to evoke the smell test to decipher if they are indeed clean or not.

3) You have no depiction of nude or scantily clad women posing over various man items like cars, motorcycles, power tools, locomotives, jet engine turbines, or barbeque grills. Need I say more on this one?

4) As a bachelor, you should strive to arrange your needed items in a more haphazard fashion. It should take you no less than 10 minutes of thurough searching to find what you are looking for.

We will overlook the fact that your computer desk is a well constructed item suited for the task. Typical bachelor computer desks should consist of plastic milk crates duct taped together with a bean bag for a chair.

Please provide photographic eveidence that you have addressed the above discrepancies.