reformat question

JensenPark

• 1. DDz Quorum
is it as simple as copying them over to my external hard drive from my C drive...then moving them copying them back once I'm done?
Yes, basically, it is.

You do not need to install IL2 on a fresh system, a backup-copy restored to a freshly format-windows-install will do fine.

(Some IL2 utilities may need registry keys, but those registry keys can easily be recreated if need be.)

• 1. DDz Quorum
don't know enough about anything in regards to registry keys...what would this be?

No problem, no need to know yet, we can get into that once the need for it is there.

The fact IL2 won't start from the external disk on other computers could very well be due to hardware differences, drivers and settings, like screen resolution.

Or are your other computers all of equal hardware and settings?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Don't worry about the registry JP, you don't need it unless you have a 3rd party application that relies upon it (none spring to mind).

Systems failing to run IL2 over the network (as you last post suggests you are trying) is no surprise, given time they will probably spring to life considering the amount of data that is required to start the game.

IL2 will run perfectly off the disk, and when you copy it all back to your main disk post format/re-install.

I have not re-installed IL2 for years...but have fromatted many times ;)

can someone explain:

I run several computers networked to a external hd.

I have back ups on the hd of the game...that I can start from my computer.

I access the external from my wife's computer and it won't start.

So I copied a version from the external to her c drive.

still won't start...

Oddly, I have a 'back up' .exe to start the game off the disk before the 'crack disk' came out...when I click on that, it tries to start and asks for the disk.

Now, I'm copying a version with the no-cd crack...and did another d/l of it from the vault to be on the safe side, but no luck.

Any ideas?