NEW DISCORD SERVER DETAILS - SIGN UP NOW - Dogz Members Only Private Thread ×

Help Profiling my new Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

MadTrooper

HI,

I have bought a set of Saitek pedals and when I try to load up the profile I have made for them, I have an error message saying that there are no profile for this device in the file. Also I want to use the toes for my wheel brakes and I dont really know how the profile manager works for the pedals. I alsao have a set of Saitek X52 Thruttle and stick.

Can someone help me get this thing going ?

Thanks.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I use the Saitek pedals without a profile, they can easily be used without one.

Just load the driver for them, you then get the pedal icon appear in the task bar to confirm they are plugged in.

Start up IL2 and go into the 'Controls' section. Scroll down to the bottom to the 'hotas section'. Click on the 'Brakes' and assign whichever toe pedal (only one, unless you alter the conf. file to simulate left/right braking, but I don't have that info here) you wish to use by pressing it, just like assigning a key. It accepts it. Bear in mind that this only works in the 'hotas' section, not in any of the others. I have tried using the other toe pedal for flaps, pushing it down lowers them and taking your foot off allows them to raise. The issue with this was that the longer you kept the toe pedal down, the further they extended and many a time I jammed them....it doesn't do it in increments, just one smooth movement until they are extended. There is a programme out that allows you to slow the time down, 'JoyControl' I think, but I didn't find any advantage.

Similarly, assign the rudder pedals by doing the same. Click on it and push a pedal simulating rudder movement, it will then be assigned. Trial and error will show whether you pushed it the right way......50-50 chance

HI Sid,

Thanks a lot for your help ! It will solve my problems for sure. Anotherthing, when you push on the right rudder pedal, is the rudder suppose to move to the right too so that the aircraft nose is moved to the right ? If it is, it will take me a lot of getting use to

Pilots are taught to "step on the ball" to fly straight.

You want to set up your pedals so that when the ball in the slip/skid tube is to the right side, pushing on the right pedal brings it to the center.

I don't load a profile for the pedals either. I just set it up in the game controls.

Set up your FOV so you can see the ball when flying in normal view, I move my player back in the cockpit with the trackIR position, and using the rudder will quickly become second nature.