Hard Drive ???

Pooka

• 1. DDz Quorum

Need some advise on what hard drive to purchase, money isn't that much of a factor.

I'm now running a raptor 74Gb, 10K and want to host and store missions on another HD.

Is another Raptor best, say 150Gb :?: Another 74Gb (I don't think I have enough guts to try RAID) Or would a WD or Maxtor 150/200 Gb be just as good?

Little help please...Pooka

• 1. DDz Quorum

Raptors are quick, but your needs sound like they are of a more capacity requirement.

WD and Maxtor drives are both good, I have WDC WD2000JS (190Gb formatted) as my main drives. They are good value.

RAID....well I would avoid it, not worth the time or fiscal investment considering the benefits and the downside if one fails (goodbye all data).

Dennis. I am wondering why you think you need another hard drive. I also have a 74gb Raptor and I use less than 25% of it. What else are you hiding on your HD? Not naughty pictures I hope. :wink:

Hosting would not take up any HD space and my mission file is not very large although it probably contains hundreds of coops.

Just trying to save you money. And stay away from Raid 0. Rog and I agree on that point.

• 9 months later...