Vulcan XH558 @ Victory Show

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

Nice footage from YT of the Vulcan carrying out a simulated bombing run with some pyro. Incidentally, this all happened yesterday - Ain't the innernet grand?

Sorry about the crowd noise, but it all seemed to go down reasonably well.

Jabo

What a machine. Gotta be one of the most impressive AC ever built. Looks so damn futuristic. I wasn't even aware the museum was still flying it.

They could have easily been upgraded and still be very useful in the current unpleasantness, but in Another few yrs the USAF will be all out of bombers to. Maybe a museum will still fly a B-1 and a 52.

I hope none of us have to attack anyone very far away.

• 2. Administrators

You Brits sure know how to build a purdy aeroplane.

Well, we did (damn politicos again)

I wasn't even aware the museum was still flying it.

XH558 is the only airworthy Vulcan anywhere, none of the remaining airframes are capable of being restored to flight - not to mention the costs or timescales. It took more than ten years to restore her (and several millon £££s)

They could have easily been upgraded and still be very useful in the current unpleasantness, but in Another few yrs the USAF will be all out of bombers to. Maybe a museum will still fly a B-1 and a 52.

Dunno, the advent of SAMs more or less finished the heavy bomber mindset, the Vulcan was moved from high altitude bombing to low level strikes in an attempt to protect the aircraft and crew, at least en route to the target. despite this though, the attrition rates would have been mind-boggling had they needed to be deployed in the ETO

I hope none of us have to attack anyone very far away.

Amen to that my friend.

Jabo