Hosting Problem..

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Chaps,

I am afraid to say that I am going to have to ration how often I host. I received the following email from my isp..

Your usage allowance is near its limit -

what you need to know

Dear Customer,

We thought you'd like to know that, so far in July, you've used 7GB of your 10GB monthly usage allowance for your BT Total Broadband Option 1 service.

In accordance with our Fair Usage Policy, if you exceed your usage allowance two months in a row, you'll be charged £1 for every extra GB you use from the second month onwards. But don't worry, if you do exceed your allowance, we'll tell you at the end of the month and let you know the amount of any over usage charges, which will be added to your next bill.

If you wish to avoid excess usage charges altogether, you can upgrade to BT Total Broadband Option 3, which offers unlimited usage* - and other benefits - for just £24.46 a month. To upgrade, please go to

I will not be able to upgrade my account so if there is anyone else out there who can chip in.....

Sorry about this

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Chaps,

I am afraid to say that I am going to have to ration how often I host. I received the following email from my isp..

Your usage allowance is near its limit -

what you need to know

Dear Customer,

We thought you'd like to know that, so far in July, you've used 7GB of your 10GB monthly usage allowance for your BT Total Broadband Option 1 service.

In accordance with our Fair Usage Policy, if you exceed your usage allowance two months in a row, you'll be charged £1 for every extra GB you use from the second month onwards. But don't worry, if you do exceed your allowance, we'll tell you at the end of the month and let you know the amount of any over usage charges, which will be added to your next bill.

If you wish to avoid excess usage charges altogether, you can upgrade to BT Total Broadband Option 3, which offers unlimited usage* - and other benefits - for just £24.46 a month. To upgrade, please go to

I will not be able to upgrade my account so if there is anyone else out there who can chip in.....

Sorry about this

Friar

hmm... i do not think that u can make so much traffic with hosting. ask your IPS to send you the history of traffic and check your traffic on the day of hosting and give us numbers.

if u have 2 Mbit upload and we use it up all for two hours (highly unlikely) that would be abut 1.8 GB per hosting

hmm... i do not think that u can make so much traffic with hosting. ask your IPS to send you the history of traffic and check your traffic on the day of hosting and give us numbers.

if u have 2 Mbit upload and we use it up all for two hours (highly unlikely) that would be abut 1.8 GB per hosting

Friar,

That's a shame to hear, since we've all enjoyed your hosting. Until last night, when you attempted to shoot me down, towards the end of a co-op when you were my wingman!?! But as you say, the host makes the rules.

But I agree with Gec, hosting these games only sends small packets of data. It's not like streaming video, which will suck up your 10GB monthly limit in no time. So I can't see how your hosting has used up your monthly limit. As most limits are for downloads, not uploads.

Cheers anyway,

GK

Friar,

That's a shame to hear, since we've all enjoyed your hosting. Until last night, when you attempted to shoot me down, towards the end of a co-op when you were my wingman!?! But as you say, the host makes the rules.

But I agree with Gec, hosting these games only sends small packets of data. It's not like streaming video, which will suck up your 10GB monthly limit in no time. So I can't see how your hosting has used up your monthly limit. As most limits are for downloads, not uploads.

Cheers anyway,

GK

• 1. DDz Quorum

my wife and kids have been using the tv on demand sites a bit latley, so perhaps its that as well.

i might try and get in touch with the isp and see if i can see what has put the usage up, good idea

• 1. DDz Quorum

my wife and kids have been using the tv on demand sites a bit latley, so perhaps its that as well.

i might try and get in touch with the isp and see if i can see what has put the usage up, good idea

• 1. DDz Quorum

taking this issue asside, I will not be able to host tomorrow (thursday) as i have some family things to take care of.

all being well i will catch you in the sky on saturday.

salute

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

taking this issue asside, I will not be able to host tomorrow (thursday) as i have some family things to take care of.

all being well i will catch you in the sky on saturday.

salute

Friar