nv4_disp Error

Strider

This has begun happening in the past couple of weeks with no change in hardware or driver. Blue screen advises that the video has gone into an infinite loop and to check the device or the driver. Requires a hard reboot as the infernal Blue screen is frozen.

Google reveals this as a known Nv bug with many suggested fixes but no universal fix that I can find.

Nv 6800 Ultra, not oc'd, 84.21 driver

check that your card isnt overheating - remove side of case and check fan is working then switch off and earth yourserf then clean out your case and fans - I use a hairdrier on cold to blow away the dust, some use hoovers and some buy compressed air cans

Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

Tried them all without a fix. The problem as per the blue screen of news you don't want to hear was that the video driver was in an infinite loop and Windoz shut down to prevent damage to the computer.

The puzzling part was the random occurence frequency---I could sometimes play for @ 3 hours without a hitch and sometimes only about 5 minutes---it once did it as soon as the loading screen appeared.

After playing for a couple of intense hours the other night, it crashed but on reboot, the graphics was like a bad acid trip---couldn't get beyond 640x480 res and 4 bit colour. AHA!

A new vid card (a story unto itself for an AGP motherboard) has it back to smooth operation, albeit lower settings due to a less capable card.

Just thought I'd let you know.