Radeon 4890 and dual monitor problem

MadTrooper

HI,

Since I got my new card, the display on the second monitor turn all black after loading windows. I mean while xp is loading i see the xp loading screen but it goes all black after. Is there anything i can do to solve this. I like to use the second monitor to run programs like ts and hardball when i play il2. My main monitor is a Syncmaster 226bw and my secondary is a Syncmaster 700nf. I tried to chand the resolutions and refresh rates on both but no results.

Thanks.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Me thinks you should either be able to configure the setting in Windows' Control Panel Display icon (look for 'extend my desktop to this monitor), and/or use the software that came with the ATI Driver and change the settings from there...

(The fact it initially shows the Windows logo means it gets a good signal, though that's just a duplicate of the main screen, that's normal.

When Windows' video driver is loaded, it switches off the second screen, probably because it's not configured to use it...)

Good Luck!