a sort of help question

Sulky

ive had IL2 since the start and have put addons on it when its been released, gave up for a couple of years and then bought 1946, liked the look of thouse exotic a/c on the box, to be honest i cant find most of them as i cant identify then in the a/c list in quick mission editor, can any one suggest missions that let you fly the on that has a wing like a ring around it, and some of the more exotic stuff like that?

thx in adv.

The one with the ring is the Lerche. You should be able to find it easily enough. I will let someone else give you the names of the other exotic stuff. We seldom fly any of them in coops.

:bg:

Not during the coops, but BG typically sets up his dogfight server a while before coops begin and then walks away.

downloaded the lot, check summed, backed up orginal copy, installed 4.09....................................runs like a dream

as for 4.08m do i still use this modded version or the copy of the orginal?

Go into your IL2 folder and you'll find a "version switcher" icon (it's kinda light bluish with an airplane on it) and send a shortcut to your desktop ( or wherever you like) (don't move it, just shortcut it) When you doubleclick it you'll get a window with all kinds of options (including 4.08 and 4.09 both clean and modded)

• 2. Administrators

Use the modded version Sulky, just remember to select the 4.08 button. I have to confess that since moving to the AAA mods, I dumped the other 3 installs of the game that I had, including the 'vanilla' version. Next time there's a big change to the mods, I'll make a copy of this version...Just seems simpler. Especially with FTs great mod checker to keep things straight for me...

Jabo