DFI-Thourghly Impressed

Quazi

If any of you guys are considering a new build in the future, you will be selling yourselves short if you don't give DFI a shot. I, not being the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to bios settings, was a bit intimidated with DFI and especially after going to their forums and reading all the rigamaroar some of those guys were dealing with (bad boards and all). But after speaking with Joe @ magnum, as he builds rigs daily, he informed me that DFI had no more problems than any other mobo maker and as a matter of fact they had less than most, and after speaking with Clarke about his experiences building his wifes' rig using a DFI board, plus the fact that Rog was very satisfied with his, I decided to go with DFI in my quest for a non-crashing system. And man am I glad I did! Without a doubt, it is the cadilac of mobo's. Of course they do require a but of special attention as they come from the factory with settings for higher ended compnents. I had to restart the reformatting\reinstall prcess for Windows four times as I kept getting BSODs at the point where Windows was about to reboot for the last time after reinstalling. A different error message for each one. Calling Clarke past midnight on Friday night put me over the hump as in his research in setting up his wifes' rig, he came across a thread at the DFI forums that went in depth into the values of different settings in the bios for those having troubles completing a fresh Windows install. After reading the settings off to me and changing them as he went, Windows loaded and this mobo hasn't hickupped once.

The difference in the VGA cards as far as performance isn't enough to explain the increase in benchmarks and game performance. I have to give DFI a big reason for such great performance increases. I played for nearly 6 hours last night and all went superbly. In game fr's were 10fps to 15fps more at any given time in any given mission. This was totally unexpected by me as I knew the difference between the 7800 GS CO Superclock and the 7900GT KO Superclock isn't capable of causing this increase on its' own. I figured the difference in card specs would equate into a 5fps to 8fps increase across the board in game and this was what I was expecting. But there were times in certain missions that I noticed being nearly 20fps faster. Attacking ships that were blasting away was one area I noticed this in. Another is when spawning onto an airfield in a coop with alot of lanes ahead of me. Were I would be seeing fr's in the mid 30's with the other mobo\card combo, I had fr's in the mid 50's. And the jump in performance difference between those two cards just can't account for that.

So please do give DFI some serious consideration if you are planning a build in the future. You have the support you need right here in the K9 Squadrons if you have any issues getting it setup and humming right along. All I know right now, is that I wish it was flight time with the Dogz today. But I still have 6 hours to wait, HEHEHEHEHEHE :D:P:lol:B):) :wink: :!: :!: :!: