Storm of War competes with Knights of the Sky....

Beebop-RIP

....for the best looking ground objects.

Here are some new screens from the SoW/BoB devs:

view00174my.jpg

view00162lp.jpg

round wheels-

view00107cn.jpg

view00062si.jpg

more roundness-

view00035gm.jpg

view00022xp.jpg

even fairies...err, ferrys-

trajekt20eq.jpg

Even so, Knights of the Sky looks like a really good way to go.

And with the hack of the IL2 .sfs files I'm willing to bet SoW/BoB will be further delayed while Oleg and crew try and find a better way to encode the code.

BTW, anyone else notice that the Ubi forums are down? I get:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@forums.ubi.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.34 Server at forums.ubi.com Port 80

It doesn't appear to be maintenance.

Other than to act as targets on the French mainland I can't see why Oleg has bothered to model German tanks, like the Panzer 38t and the Panzer II.

If they are indeed to act as targets on the French mainland the RAF of 1940 sure couldn't do much about it. If there is a campaign mode I sure wouldn't waste resources attacking them.

They sure are beauts though.

Nice. Will that run on our sytems?

Probably for only 1/3 of us at best. Most of us will need to run somewhere from "Medium" to "Excellent". With all those polys it will take a rahter hefty vid card and CPU I would think to get 24+ frames in "Perfect".

I'm not gonna worry about BoB (although I will probably buy it). Here's why from my point of view...

One, limited planeset. Now I love the Battle of Britain but I'm used to lots-o-planes. For most, they are either not that interested in BoB alone or, like me, am spoiled by what IL-2 offers now.

Two, Knights of the Sky. If Il-2 get's slow this sim will certainly be a breath of fresh air.

Three, BoB will be delayed, mark my words. The hack of the .sfs files will have the 1C team working on a harder to crack system. I don't expect BoB until 2nd quarter of 07.

Four, with the need to upgrade, BoB will take off slowly. And if too slow will stall and "Arthur" into the bargin bin.

The majority of us are able to run this sim on Perfect landsacpe and high eye candy settings now. I would say SOW-BoB will have these m8s on excellent settings a lower eye candy detail. I know a dual core cpu will be a big plus for BoB, as well as at least 2GB memory and one of the higher ended cards form ATI or nVidia. Most here probable have bios upgrades that will allow for dual core usage, and mobos capable of 2GB. And those like myself with an AGP mobo, will probably need to get the 7800 GS CO for a video card. So what I am saying is that I belive one may get by pretty well by just doing a few upgrades to their existing rig rather than a brand new build. I know my Nforce 3 mobo can run dual core cpus as well as 2GB ram. And I already have the 7800 GS. Those with PCI-E mobos will have the advantage of being able to run the really higher ended video cards. And if you already have a SLI mobo, then the addition of a dual core cpu and another video card in SLI will probably set you up well. At any rate, I belive most of us will be able to run BoB well enough with a few upgrades vs. a new build.

Well Hootie hooo! Thats amazing. I like the kraut version of the bofors, and the 38t.

I swear the ferry looks amazingly like what our mates on here have come up

wiht via a little rigging in the fmb.

Im sure the panzers are included with misn blders in mind. THeres a bunch of stuff in our

current sim that are seen nowhere but via the FMB I believe.