5th annual Slope soaring meet @ Glacier Ridge Colorado

Tonar

Well another meet this year, but mother nature was throwing all she had at us to make this year extreme.

we still got some flying in and I won a few things in the raffle

On the way Up to the ridge

IMG_0056.jpg

What month is this?? Middle August??

IMG_0058.jpg

Sure, I'll give it a shot... If you go first

IMG_0060.jpg

But I couldn't make it and I got stuck on a rock and had to get pulled off

Way cool.

The weather reminds me of a scary outing I had once.

I had my RC air boat out at the lake one day & a couple other guys showed-up to fly planes. A thunder storm rolled in on us while we were standing on the wet sand.

Suddenly all of our antennas started popping & cracking from the electricity in the air. I quickly brought my boat in & shut it all down & so did one of the flyers. The other flyer couldn't get his plane down as fast though & actually started getting shocked every 5-10 seconds through the controller during the last minute or so of getting his plane down. Even the radio & CB antennas on my truck were popping. :o Needless to say, we all got the heck outa there quick at that point.

Edited to add a pic of my toy.

002_2.jpg

Yep, the things almost to fast for my own good.

I started out with a nice Carl Goldberg low wing aerobatic plane & after a few wrecks I decided not to keep throwing money into fixing it. So I bought a boat that I could transfer everything into.

The boat was only designed for a .20-.25 motor, but with some redneck ingenuity & some lead weights on the front to rebalance it.... I got my .61 motor on that sucker. :)

BTW. That's some awesome scenery where you get to fly. Just frigg'n beautiful.