New Guy Checking In.....

trap

Hi All

I've got a few questions about IL2 I'm hoping you can help me with:

1) Are there radiator flaps that can be opened and closed to help regulate engine temperature? If so, what are the key commands?

2) Can I select which fuel tanks to use? For example: Internal or external (drop tank); fuesalage, main or reserve, etc. Are there key commands for this as well?

3) Is the gunsite range finder functional? If I set convergence for 200yds, can I use the range finder on the site to determine when the con is at the convergence point? This would be especially useful when flying with no icons.

4) Is it possible to map the right and left brakes to the toe brakes on my CH pedals?

Thanks,

• 1. DDz Quorum

Nice to meet you Trap, I can help with a couple and soon those that do know what they're doing will give you the correct answers.

1. Radiator, should be "R", they're called cowl and armor flaps.

2. Not that I'm aware, but I know the external tank empties before the others (internal)

3. Don't know, sorry

4. Don't have pedals, can't help here either.

2 out of 3 ain't bad, 50%er, people say I don't know what I'm doing half the time.

Pooka

Hi All

I've got a few questions about IL2 I'm hoping you can help me with:

1) Are there radiator flaps that can be opened and closed to help regulate engine temperature? If so, what are the key commands?

Pooka is right R opens your radiators

2) Can I select which fuel tanks to use? For example: Internal or external (drop tank); fuesalage, main or reserve, etc. Are there key commands for this as well?

no - you can use drop tanks and drop them at any time

3) Is the gunsite range finder functional? If I set convergence for 200yds, can I use the range finder on the site to determine when the con is at the convergence point? This would be especially useful when flying with no icons.

there is no rangefinders- set convergence and use diameter of ring to judge when in range - 1 fighter wingspan =diameter of ring= 100 yds away see here for how to use gunsight- http://www.airwarfare.com/tactics/tactics_fwgunnery.htm

4) Is it possible to map the right and left brakes to the toe brakes on my CH pedals?

yes B16ENK knows how - drop him an e-mail if he doesnt pick up this thread

Thanks,

hope this helps