Euro 2008 - Hup Orinje!!

Rattler

Apparently not according the rules, to my surprise too.

Dutch striker Ruud van Nistelrooy's opening goal in the win over Italy was legitimate, says Premier League referees' chief Keith Hackett.

Van Nistelrooy looked yards offside when he prodded home from close range.

But it appears he was played onside by defender Christian Panucci, who was lying off the pitch at the time.

"The fact is the assistant was correct; the defender who slid off the field is still regarded as active," Hackett told BBC Sport.

Is that who you are supporting Rattler, the Dutch?

Go España!

Yup. I'm as Dutch as they get here in Canada, without immigrating - both my parents come from The Netherlands.

I'm a Van Nistelrooy/Robbens/Davids fan.....

They've got some great skill players.

A good result for your lot last night Rattler.

I went to the 'Fan Zone' here in Vienna to watch it, and it was a fantastic experience. LOADS of dutch fans, and hardly any French fans there.

We're getting a much better start than was expected. I hope that they can hold this positive attitude into the next round.

My girls' HS team (I'm assistant coach) plays in the finals tournament today.

• 3 weeks later...

So Euro 2008 is over and my pick, the Spanish, won it with a fantastic goal from Liverpool ace, Fernando Torres.

A superb competition that I'm sad to see come to an end. I went to fanzone here in Vienna for the Netherlands v France game and the semi-final of Spain V Russia and the experience was nothing short of amazing. Especially the semi-final game, as myself and my girlfriend where stood with thousands of others, in the middle of an amazing thunderstorm. Still didn't spoil the atmosphere though.

We also took a quick trip down to the stadium for the semi-final to witness the atmosphere first hand. The Spanish fans have been in good voice every time we saw them. I don't think there's been a bit trouble anywhere.

This competition has been so much more enjoyable, without having the English side present and the gob-sh1te national media going over the top.

Lets hope South Africa put on a good show for the World Cup in 2 year's time.

p.s. And now back to some flying...

Salute to Spain: at least it wasn't the Boche!

Go figure: Internet right here out in the boonies.....

Campground

[attachthumb=1]

Golden, BC - 36 deg. Celcius today...

[attachthumb=2]

Paragliding and hangliding resort, too!

[attachthumb=3]

[attachthumb=4]

(sorry about the size: I`m on the wife`s laptop, and I don`t have image software on it!)

22_2c81ebf84857dca8013bd7e9ca015ae7

22_34f4c7ba447e8ab4d795ca31eb627e26

22_e2f5e172488cf687d51139aadf079350

22_1e5fbfe70265c3d3a487609716f6be0d