Spitfire IXc 1/48 Scale

Rattler

Here's my latest work - finally got my airbrush to cooperate well.

The beginnings...

[attachthumb=1]

[attachthumb=2]

[attachthumb=3]

Finished paint job...on to the Future Floor Wax....

[attachthumb=4]

Yes, that's my tail gunner, Daisy, inspecting the finish...

[attachthumb=5]

22_8989afae8798387c6b3f247751b6e3ed

22_d58c169c0856112bfcabc700780dd72e

22_aba6da217f46bef3854a4a74d1554947

22_267d5f6fa59e9328e0b146e0fd50cf86

22_3107ba6a4f1b719aa32d149daf9d48a9

Main national markings applied - lots of decal solvent required!!!

This is a 43 sqn aircraft stationed in Klagenfurt Austria, June 1945, thus the higher visibilty markings (outlining.)

[attach=1]

BTW - it's a second "snow day" in a row, so I'm at home working on the model. I'll be flying later this afternoon - yippee!

22_f3e6b5b052c15b379460f552138b6947

Ok this is wierd (something I'm really consistent at)...I turned off my Keiro firewall AGAIN just to see if anything changed, and I can see ONE pic....the second one. The rest still dont show up.

Sheeesh, nothing like scientific and technical consistency.

I blame Bill Gates.....makes me feel better.

:soapbox:

and all that from from a Revell kit...im impressed, very impressed.

Thanks, Knight.

It's a 2005 offering, molded in Japan. It had quite nicely finished sprues with little flash. They seem to have been getting much better than when I was younger.

I hate the boxes though: they only open on the end.....can't store the assemblies in the box nicely that way!

Yea looking at those pictures alone, you wouldnt say its a Revell, im still quite shocked it is a Revell, and you have done a great job with the Decals and the Camo Paint very smooth looking

Also how are the quality of the Decals in the kit? I know from past times they have been sooo thin, if you didnt get it right and tryed to adjust they would just split and ruin a perfectly good aircraft.

I love the paints - I use rubbing alcohol as thinner, and they spray very well. I use around 25 psi, and have my double action needle set to deliver just a touch of paint flow on pressing down, and then draw the trigger back to full flow.

The nice thing is that the Tamiya acrylic thins very well, and cleans up with water (the paint pots.) I only clean the brush with alcohol.

Ok, pretty much done. Ignore the smudge on the spinner, the unpainted rubber on the tail wheel, and the unpainted exhaust. The canopy also needs work (it's sitting unglued.) I hope you enjoy.

[attachthumb=1]

[attachthumb=2]

[attachthumb=3]

[boy that canopy looks awful! Granted, it has no Future Wax coats, and I have some tape residue on it - next time, I'm using an express mask.)

22_b59c90e13743381a7d86491fa1e7ff22

22_6c535713a487bffb63aace01538458b6

22_74837cc3848eda7ee8548b66147fe3f6

@Delta - I've seen people do that under the base coat too. I'm just starting at this airbrush thing, and the panel lines look quite nice as is, so I'm leaving it.

@GreyKnight - like I said, I'm a beginner at airbrushing, even though I've made 100's of models. I'm not going to weather this one - it's Painless' Spit in 1945, so it must be in pristine condition, right?

@Tonar - ummmmm, no! Though my boys are tempted!