Aiming problems

TopAce

Ok, atm I shoot and shoot and end up with no ammo.

I don't have a clue how to aim. How much the gravity is and how much the angle is from a side 'snapshot'.

Can somebody plz post some pictures so that I have an indication how much 'distance' the plane has to be from the + spot?

Tried to watch it from the tutorial, but cannot really find what I'm looking for.

Depends on the distance of the target. for me a goot deflection shot is @ 300m out and comming across, when the target gets to the outside of my sight I open up and hope he flys through my barage of lead. there are a lot of documentaions of this on airwarfare.com. of couse it is easier to come in on there 6 and put them in the cross hairs. I'm no expert though and I have only been playing for about 6 months.

also set up some unarmed ducks(C-47) in the quick mission builder and go hunting. after you fire hit pause and take a look around and see how far off your shots are from the target. this seems to be helping me so far.

Keep at it, because the thrill of shooting down Psycho is great. :D

• 1. DDz Quorum

When I come from behind (the airplane, you sick os) I hold off til I'm inside the distance indicated on his plane of "30", closer is a lot better and the MG bullets will sink in then, cannon, which you don't have to much of, maybe "40" but just a very short burst. I've started to watch this but it is tricky aiming and looking at your gauges... Make sure the ball is centered, this means your shots will go straight, not passing to the side. Its like aiming a rifle, you have to use the back sight (Ball) with the front sight (Crosshairs). This is a lot to check and the enemy is likely to veer off after all this setting up, but thats the way its suppose to work. Then there's the spray and pray method, I use that often too.

Hang in there, it'll come, sooner than you think.

Pooka

Delta 7 put up a good training mission under the downloads section. Fly the Hurricaine against He111. He111's are hard to take down with the .303's, but the Hurri puts out so much lead, it's much easier to tell where you shots are going. It helped me get the feel for how much lead I need to give relative to closing speed and distance. Just don't park on the bomber's 6 o'clock, or you'll be in for a short ride.

The article: links within links within links...

The mission: could not find anything, i even dont know how to install it if I found it.

Geez, is there ANYTHING simple about this game? I get so lost here.

I even do not understand most treads that were posted on this forum.

Am I so dumb or are you Einsteins?

I just want to play... :cry:

TopAce,

lost his motivation in the shit he just walked trough.

Another tip to help you learn.

Turn on ARCADE MODE (change the line to read arcade-=1) in the conf.ini file (located in the root directory of the game).

Fly LOTS against AI. Save tracks - watch them afterward to learn where the shot falls..... lather - rinse - repeat.

Practice till your eyes ache and your hands are bleeding.

Belated welcomes and good luck.

Depends on the distance of the target. for me a goot deflection shot is @ 300m out and comming across, when the target gets to the outside of my sight I open up and hope he flys through my barage of lead. there are a lot of documentaions of this on airwarfare.com. of couse it is easier to come in on there 6 and put them in the cross hairs. I'm no expert though and I have only been playing for about 6 months.

also set up some unarmed ducks(C-47) in the quick mission builder and go hunting. after you fire hit pause and take a look around and see how far off your shots are from the target. this seems to be helping me so far.

Keep at it, because the thrill of shooting down Psycho is great. :D

I am flattered to have been elevated to this level of good natured hatred by my M8's, it is the ULTIMATE compliment!!

SALUTE Von TONAR!!! and happy hunting...

pfffffzt Oooop Ack

The article: links within links within links...

The mission: could not find anything, i even dont know how to install it if I found it.

Geez, is there ANYTHING simple about this game? I get so lost here.

I even do not understand most treads that were posted on this forum.

Am I so dumb or are you Einsteins?

I just want to play... :cry:

lTopAce,

lost his motivation in the shit he just walked trough.

the link to the training files is at the top of the article - just click the writting that says

Download the File 'Guns 1306kb'

It will contain folders that you copy into your il2 folder :

#

Copy the GBGUNS folder into your C:\program files\IL2 FB\Missions\Single\GB folder.

#

Copy REVIGUNS folder into your C:\program files\IL2 FB\Missions\Single\DE folder

then when you open the game chose single missions

chose counrty and then chose mission from dropdown list

e.g.

launch game and you should be able to select missions in single missions option e.g.

Airforce=RAF or Germany

Mission Type= gbguns or revi guns

Missions will display list to chose from.

you will need winrar to extract the files - get it from here

http://www.download.com/3000-2250-10007677.html

Im afraid nothing is very easy with this game to start off with - it takes time and practice and reading to understand what you should be doing - remember it is simulating aerial combat to a high degree of accuracy

the basics are all explained in the user manual at airwarfare,

http://airwarfare.com/mediawiki-1.4.5/i ... =Main_Page

the rest is practice

good luck

I have thought of a solution- I can record some tracks and send them to you . I will type out notes that you can read while watching the tracks so you know what I am trying to do. This might help - I dont know when I can get these finished but will try to get them done as soon as possible.

• 1. DDz Quorum

i bumped into topace last night in teamspeak (i had just d/l teamspeak display and wanted to see how it worked).

I spent a while with him teaching him how to use the mission builder to construct a mission for gunnery practice (c-47 flying in a big square) and told him about re-viewing what he had done but showing him how to record the mission. he seems to tink that it will help.

Right, an update from my side.

Frior-one talked me trough the duck-hunt setup (C-47) and how to replay to see my own errors.

I also tweaked my stick settings, to decrease stalls. Both were a major step forward.

Yesterday, I mentioned a steady aim was very hard for me, then someone mentioned Trim.

I wish I knew that before... I was already training up my arm muscles...

Result: got my first human-on-human kill yesterday.

delta7: looking forward to those tracks!

Many thanks all!

• 1. DDz Quorum

Yes, its was me, I dont know, you help a parishioner, and they pay you back by blowing away one of your wings. Sometimes the work of the holy order is tough.

Well done top-ace

:hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

Right on!!!

There is a learning curve, but the rewards are worth it.

Stick with it.

I went Duck hunting every night for weeks to get a feel for laying down lead. it was after I went into Hyperlobby for the first time and got my ass handed to me over and over and over again!!! Never been back since I met the Danger Dogs and the Hell Hounds :salute: