A REPORT ON upgrading from Vista to XP

DoubleTap

From Instapundit

"A REPORT ON upgrading from Vista to XP:

"Well, here there appears to be no contest. Windows XP is both faster and far more responsive. I no longer have the obligatory 1-minute system lock that happens whenever I log onto Vista, instead I can run applications as soon as I can click their icons. . . . In addition, numerous tasks that take a long time on Vista have been greatly speeded up."

Congratulations, Microsoft!"

Follow the second link for the "review".

LOL... I saw that Mac ad, BG, they hit the nail on the head...

I "upgraded" my Vaio TZ160 from Vista to XP... Sony had to make all the XP drivers available after its customers made a stink about Vista performance. Vista is just too much of a resource hog, especially for a laptop. Before I deleted all the Sony bloatware and tweaked Vista to "windows classic look" etc, it took 9 minutes to boot up!! I'm down to 55 seconds with a clean install of XP.

I "upgraded" my Vaio TZ160 from Vista to XP... Sony had to make all the XP drivers available after its customers made a stink about Vista performance. Vista is just too much of a resource hog, especially for a laptop. Before I deleted all the Sony bloatware and tweaked Vista to "windows classic look" etc, it took 9 minutes to boot up!! I'm down to 55 seconds with a clean install of XP.

My wife has heard me mention the troubles with Vista, and when I mentioned this article, she asked me, "WHY would Microsoft release a product with so many problems?"

I had no good answer for her.

My wife has heard me mention the troubles with Vista, and when I mentioned this article, she asked me, "WHY would Microsoft release a product with so many problems?"

I had no good answer for her.