cpu shows 100% usage when running il2?

Birdy

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B16Enk and Bbloke are probably the best guys to help you Birdy and they should be along shortly.

You might want to post your dxdiag here. There could be any number of reasons why you are not getting the best performance. 1 gig of ram should be lots so its likely something else like old chipset drivers. 100% CPU usage is quite normal.

B16Enk and Bbloke are probably the best guys to help you Birdy and they should be along shortly.

You might want to post your dxdiag here. There could be any number of reasons why you are not getting the best performance. 1 gig of ram should be lots so its likely something else like old chipset drivers. 100% CPU usage is quite normal.

• 1. DDz Quorum

OK.

1. Upgrade your via drivers, go to:

http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/via_hype ... _v513a.zip

2. Change sound hardware acceleration to 'Standard' use the Dxdiag tool audio tab to do that.

3. Repost Dxdiag when done (copy and paste contents into post it's easier for us to read).

• 1. DDz Quorum

OK.

1. Upgrade your via drivers, go to:

http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/via_hype ... _v513a.zip

2. Change sound hardware acceleration to 'Standard' use the Dxdiag tool audio tab to do that.

3. Repost Dxdiag when done (copy and paste contents into post it's easier for us to read).

NP Birdy. The lads can now get their teeth into it when they finally show up.

I see you are using on board sound and have hardware acceleration running at full. Should be no higher than standard and might even be better at basic. You can adjust it by running dxdiag again and then click on sound. There is a slider there which you can move to lower acceleration.

Better still, you might want to get a sound card and disable on board sound in the bios. I think you could get a good card for less than 50 quid. Some of the uk wallahs could advise you best on that.

NP Birdy. The lads can now get their teeth into it when they finally show up.

I see you are using on board sound and have hardware acceleration running at full. Should be no higher than standard and might even be better at basic. You can adjust it by running dxdiag again and then click on sound. There is a slider there which you can move to lower acceleration.

Better still, you might want to get a sound card and disable on board sound in the bios. I think you could get a good card for less than 50 quid. Some of the uk wallahs could advise you best on that.

• 1. DDz Quorum

As BG says, unzip it to a folder of your choice.

Remember where and then browse to it and run the setup there.

Reboot when requested and your drivers will should be up to date.

VIA drivers do have the occasional blip though, which is why I asked you to repost your dxdiag when you have done the driver update.

If it comes to it I am available on the 'phone if required.

Jabo for instance spent some time on the 'phone with me today trying to sort out his hosting issue again.

I too am UK Birdy ;) - Cambridge to be precise.

And I have an 0845 number which is the UK Dangerdogz help line LOL :icon_lol:

• 1. DDz Quorum

As BG says, unzip it to a folder of your choice.

Remember where and then browse to it and run the setup there.

Reboot when requested and your drivers will should be up to date.

VIA drivers do have the occasional blip though, which is why I asked you to repost your dxdiag when you have done the driver update.

If it comes to it I am available on the 'phone if required.

Jabo for instance spent some time on the 'phone with me today trying to sort out his hosting issue again.

I too am UK Birdy ;) - Cambridge to be precise.

And I have an 0845 number which is the UK Dangerdogz help line LOL :icon_lol: