If You Have Wi-Fi, Be Warned

DoubleTap

I'm not upto speed on all the Wireless technology (I bet B16enk is though) but as long as you've got your wireless network secured with an encryption key, you shouldn't really worry.

This is just like the UK version of TV detector vans that travel the country detecting which houses have a TV in use and cross-checking the house address with the TV license database. If you've not paid your TV license, they come knocking. Doesn't mean anyone can watch TV if they get 'close' to your house.

So these trucks just pick up your wireless router's Unique ID code, and then cross reference your location with GPS. But that doesn't mean anyone can then jump onto your wireless network with this information, unless you give them the encryption key. Or they enlist the NRA to crack your encryption key.

So I guess this Skyhook service is just a database of members who've signed up and given their encryption keys?