inflight music

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

hi,

does anyone know if it is possible to extend the length of time a track will play.

i have just got hold of a 633 squadron mission and already had a cd of the music.

so i have converted it to a wav and put it in the inflight folder, problem is, it does not play the complete track, it loops.

any offers of wisdom oh wise ones?

Aha!

my speciality is audio, besides il2 i like to arse around with audio software and other boring stuff.

i suspect though with this you are on to a loser, i reckon the fact its looping is due to an inbuilt audio stream limit in il2

if the cd/ orchestrachion is over certain length, but will play normally, then no doubt il2 is limiting it

alternatively try any nmber of low footprint audio players, they wont take up much performance overheads and should run in the background

for a minute i thougth u were asking for musical preferences!

sorry im pissed!

actually on reflection it might be due to the audio file size

wav files are notoriously big

try converting it to an mp3 this will be much smaller, try a bitrate of 192kbs, decent sound but small file

im not sure what prog ur using to convert cd to audio, but check if it has a quality setting for the conversion, reduce this

BG: since your here, i meant to ask you ages ago for some Glenn Millar, big band music, so far ive went back as far as Chuck berry, but next stop is big band

if you could send me some or give me some pointers :)

I made a bunch of Glenn Miller wav files some time ago and sent them to Rog. Some stuff like Tail End Charlie, Jeep Jockey Jump, When we take Berlin. I don't think I have them anymore on my computer as I have reformatted since. I am not sure how I made them either since it was a while ago.

Maybe Rog still has them. He never throws anything away :)

just had a thought

convert a few times- i.e. to low quality mp3, 44kbps is quite low, music will suffer, then back to wav to create a smaller file

thing is though the more you reduce the crapper it sounds, 44kbps would offend my ears id just use the stereo or player in the background

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...