Time for a new rig, probably.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yup, 1080 is in there 👍🏻

I dont like renting stuff. I can honestly say if I just wanted to play "normal" games I would go down the xbox route. Flight sims and simmers arnt normal at all

I am pleased to confirm that Mr P's new rig (with bits of old rig) is up and working. Or at least it was at 10pm this evening - time will tell what happens tomorrow.  

• Administrators

I am pleased to confirm that Mr P's new rig (with bits of old rig) is up and working. Or at least it was at 10pm this evening - time will tell what happens tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Huzzah! That's good news. 

I finally pulled the trigger on my new set up today, awaiting lead time now from scan. 

Any luck with 3060s last night Nick? Noticed all greyed out on scan today. 

• Like 1
  • Administrators

No mate - from reports it would appear that the miners have grabbed most of the available stock and the scalpers had the rest - they never even came up for sale on Scan.

Scan did previously say that they'd only sell the stock they physically had (no pre-orders) so it looks like they hadn't even managed to secure any for launch day

• Sad 1

Well, rather frustratingly I just got an email from Scan saying that two of the items I've ordered (RAM and SSD) are out of stock with no firm ETA, despite everything being in-stock at the point of ordering. Two other items (mobo and cooler) are due in tomorrow and 15/3 which is fine. Luckily, I'm in no rush (yet) but it's just annoying when it all clearly said in stock when they took my money. 

• Confused 1

Sorry to hear that Chris, they also emailed me saying delivery would be Monday but was in fact Friday. The consolation will hopefully be that the product is good when it eventually arrives.

To be honest, I think they are really suffering (as all suppliers are) from the scalpers etc and subsequent increased demand naturally now on the next range of components down from top end.

Fingers crossed I don't have to wait too long...

• Thanks 1