VR I am on the list

Crash

Looks like it works on a flat screen as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chic View Post
Hey Miles, I'm relatively early on the mailing list but I'm running 2D. Specifically, I sit 26" from a 65" 4k monitor. (Ebayed my Rift. VR just not there yet for me). If you think I could fudge any degree of functionality with PointCTRL in its current state, I would purchase one and experiment with it then happily purchase any "add on" down the line when/if you adapt PointCTRL for Track IR.

Appreciate your thoughts on this and the strong work you've already put forth.

Hey Chic,
I am sorry, I know you asked about this before. I just tested out what you want to try, and it worked pretty well. I mounted the camera to a fixed position, above and behind my head. Calibration was identical to VR. The only difference is your arm should stay the same extended distance as you calibrate at. Its a pretty natural thing to do. If you have track IR you will have to hold your head still while clicking. If you mounted the HMS to your head I think the ratios would be to far off.

Thanks for being patient.

Miles

• 2 weeks later...

Users reaction

Ladies and Gents, get set to have your immersion level go ballistic! Yes, I am Tester 1.. Yes, I broke the FCU housing. No, it wasn't the FCU's fault! lol

The PointCTRL experience is AWESOME! Most of the items I have worked on are very minor and aren't related to the HMS and FCU build quality, tech, or operation. Mostly we have worked on how to get everyone to understand what to do, when, and how. Hence the instructions coming out and being added to. Once the correct operating environment is in place, calibrating and using PointCTRL is very simple. It, like anything, takes a bit of getting used to but it really is amazing. You are going to love it! One MAJOR thing we found is that you HAVE to have the "Use Mouse" box checked in the Settings VR tab. So if you are like me and used the cursor locked to the middle of your VR view, then looked at the switch you wanted to select, then pushed a mapped mouse button to select that item... well, not gonna be able/have to do that anymore. Yes, I found that out, hold your applause til the end, please! lol

I have been using the Huey mainly as I get to know PointCTRL. Instead of mapping switches and dials, etc - Now, I reach up to the overhead panel and turn the lighting dial up or down just by twisting my hand. I can glance over at the rocket control panel on my extreme left side and adjust how many rockets to fire at once. Flipping switches that usually I would have to twist to look at before are done just like in real life. I fly Real Life helo's and can tell you, Miles' little gem makes it really FEEL real!

Watching PointCTRL come to life and to the market has been very interesting. I know everyone is chomping at the bit. Well, it is coming NOW! It has REALLY been worth the wait, I promise!! you!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I want this, only issue I see is the many controls DCS doesnt have interactions for, only keybinds. in which case im fumbling on my keyboard to navigate. i'll still get them though lol also are they available for purchase yet? I found the ED forum post, the price, details, etc. but...gimme it..

Shipping has started but deliveries are a bit slow. Things are going to quicken up though and if you want one add your name to the thread on ED forum. They are now serving 50-60 on the list and there are over 200 on the list.

• 6 months later...

Quite some time ago, but they are now serving number 300. The latest addition to the list is 369 so the wait wont be that long.

Go on this thread https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4199909#post4199909

Just say that you are interested and firecat will add you tothe list.

• 2 weeks later...

I have watched the set up videos a couple of times and will watch somemore before trying it out. It should be really good :) I was a bit concerned that I might cop some "hidden extras" from our government but it was classed as a gift "finger toy" so thats good.

The setting up is confusing for me. There is now an audio assist for setting it up but its completely different to the PDF, and it now appears that I have to have DCS running with me in the cockpit and no menus open. This grabs the curser and is makeing life awkward.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...