Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Ex-pat(ish) working in the U.K. ?

Recommended Posts

I'm on a forum on facebook for Airframe and Powerplant mechanics.  A&P is a U.S. certification/license (not sure which) allowing one to work on the mechanics of aircraft, at least in the U.S., and apparently also accepted by a lot of U.S. companies overseas.  There's a guy who has his A&P, and 7 years experience, just moved to Germany, and is having difficulty with making things work in Germany.  There's mention elsewhere about problems with EASA (the European version of the U.S. FAA?) and another guy, assumedly also from the U.S. who was working in Switzerland, but ended up getting out of that country. 

There's mention of people having all kinds of trouble being allowed to work in the U.K. (as in 'they're not allowed, at all to work in the U.K.), particularly with the A&P rather than EASA certification/licensure.  Also stated was that U.S. companies like Delta and American DO accept A&P, rather than EASA.

Any thoughts?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to know.  Unfortunately, I've lost track of the specific post/person.  Oh well.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online