Do these go together?

Pooka

• 1. DDz Quorum

You got there in the end though M8.

Yes use both, or disable the WD back up routine or set it to only back up the non system (C:) drive.

Let Ghost take care of the system drive only (it will by default try to do all drives ;)) as this is your belt and braces 'bare metal recovery' solution.

Set Ghost schedule, once a day is more than enough, but I would leave off the option to create a recovery point after installs etc, as this will slow the install down...

If you wish I can see what documentation there is for your WD drive and give you better pointers.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I get the feeling I'm doubling up on this back-up process.

I'm going to start with the Ghost CD and see where it leads me.

Then I'll try My Book which says to plug in USB2 and follow instructions.

If you would like to spend a moment researching MyBook, I'll

wait to hear from you before commencing my first back-up ever.

Pooka

The first backup you / Ghost will do is a FULL backup or image in which it copies EVERYTHING. From there, as long as you tell it do, it will do Incremental or Differetial backups. Difference between the 2 is the Incremental backups only adds any new files and directories to the existing FULL backup. A Differential backup simply records any changes you made to the backed up image. Ghost is also a great way to make a restore CD for your PC. Load the OS, Service Packs, Drivers and all patches, games, programs, etc, as you would use them. Then make a complete image of your hard drive. Then if your system gets hosed by a virus or one of the many other nasty bugs lurking about , you simply pop in your restore CD, and POOF!!! - you're backup and running in only a fraction of the time it would take to do a full install from scratch.