Thrustmaster Warthog

OverDhill

I keep reading about re-greasing the Warthog. I think they must have changed something with the newer sticks as there is no stickiness on mine at all. It is a bit firm when moving but an extension should fix that somewhat when I get it done.

Anyone else with a Warthog have any sticky or non-smooth movement issues?

• 3 weeks later...

Any software conflicts if the Warthog stick is connected to a computer that the remaining controllers are CH?  I know CH has it's programming and calibration software and I imagine the Warthog has its software as well.  Would it be a case of installing both softwares (thus possible conflict) or for example the CH software could be used for everything.  The stick is sold separate and I like the config of my CH throttle.

Personally I would think the throttle would be the first thing to go. I have a CH throttle way back in the day and it really does not have enough functions for me. The X52 Pro throttle was nice but the stick had a huge deadzone issue. I almost went with a CH Fighterstick and X52 throttle combo right before my wife bought me the Warthog as a retirement gift.

• 1 month later...

This was posted on the DCS forum

Originally Posted by LeadDoctor

Back in September I was in contact with TM about the gimbal. Pictures and part numbers were exchanged then I got the email of doom.

"Kindly be informed there is no misunderstanding regarding the part.

This part is no longer available, we don't offer it as a spare part any more."

So Yeah been flying with the broken gimbal and just cant handle it any more. Going to use the strongest panel bonding glue around tomorrow as a last hope.

Any thoughts, suggestions or what have you I'm open to listening.

New post:

Lead Doctor

I got onto their (Thrustmaster's) Facebook page and asked them the following question:

Any truth in the rumour that Thrustmaster are no longer supporting (making spares for) the Warthog?

To which their answer was:

Thrustmaster Hi, false rumour. We of course support all our Warthog owners.

So it would appear that someone somewhere in the customer service/support/parts foodchain either does not know what is available or just doesn't want to supply the part for some reason.

I would suggest that all members of the forum that read this topic should go over to the facebook page and begin asking about this en masse