Help Getting Efficent Settings For My Saitek X52

DD_asas

Hi guys,

after last night coops i realize that my joy settings are useless, not proper assign or many of the commands are making me lose a lot of time online, which puts me in disadvantage always, cause i waste a lot of time searching.

Can you guys, using the SAITEK X52, give me a hand and advice or if u don't mind, some of your settings, so that i can see what i need or not. 

It would be a great help.

thx in advance to u all.

cheers

~S~

A

• 2. Administrators

Some basic things,

Prop pitch is very important to regulate the temperature of your engine in most planes in il2 now (all that have a CSP). More so than throttle. throttle is manifold pressure, pitch is RPM, the higher the RPM the hotter your engine is going to be.

When cruising, people will often call out things like 70 pitch and 70 power for example, whilst leading a flight.

If you have an spare axis, prop pitch should be mapped to it. Along with a button to switch between manual and automatic, for the planes that require the override. 

Radiator control is also very important, again for the management of engine temps, and needs to be something easy to use.

As is elevator trim and rudder trim, although these can be managed quite well on the hat switch on your joystick if using track ir.

Flaps need to be fairly easily accessible as well.

I'm sure more people will post more controls, but they are the basics to me, to be able to manage your plane.

• Like 1

I would start with what Kev has posted.  He is right.. those are the most important.  So get those controls exactly where you want them first.  I would add the Map and Superchargers to that list of basic controls.

With the X52 you should still have some buttons left.  Your joystick toggle switches on the base can be used for Gear Up/Dn; Dive Brakes Up/Dn; lights or Fold Winds, etc..  Depending if you are a fighter or bomber you may want to have Mode 1 for fighters and Mode 2 for Bombers.  For bombing you have several more controls to add. 

• Like 1

Dont forget  "select engine *" and select all engines for when there are only twin engined planes available. Do NOT map wing fold or bail out to your joystick! Make them at least a little bit awkward to do so you cant do them by mistake :) Also chocks are handy on your joystick for carrier ops.

• Like 1

I'll give you some of mine based on a few years of experience.

Throttle:

Hat switch: supercharger switch- l/r, airbrake -up/down

Large rotary:  elevator trim, center WEP

Slider: prop pitch

button: map and transmit to CC

small rotary: mixture, center button TS transmit(by using the mode rotary on the joystick you can make this 3 different transmit keys)

Joystick: I changed to a CH stick and moved the functions there but I'll try to remember.

Use the 2-stage trigger, stage 1 guns, stage 2 cannon.

hat1: L/R :nav lights, landing light, UP/DN: radiator

hat2: L/R: rudder trim, UP/DN: flaps

Toggles:

1. Tail lock, landing gear- use pinky+gear toggle for manual gear( set up a macro to simulate 40 presses of the gear up key)

2. Jettison stores, gun pod toggle

3. drawing a blank here......

• Like 1

Just place all the necesary Primary controls listed above on buttons and axis in places that require no hand movement from the sticks, then start placing secondayr commands on the next closest set of buttons that require the least hand movement. Ans so on. Get a Labeler if need be and print up some tags and place them at each location till they become second nature. I still use labels, since I don't fly that often anymore, and the controls vary a bit from the three games I do fly.

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

There you go asas. As we said on TS just post up your problem and a multitude of DDz lunatics will come to your aid. : )

Now you know what you need close to hand you can fine tune things to your own taste.

P.

• Like 1

well, i think i have enougth stuff from the "lunacy" of the dogz. OBRIGADO A TODOS or thx very much to u all! And yes, Sir, Painless, u said it, and u were quite right.  :thumbsu:

Again thx,  and with based on your tips  i'm going to reorganize my controls. 

Cheers

A