Shadow Bound

T_O_A_D

Here is the latest project My Kid Samantha was involved in.

http://shadowboundseries.com/

It is created and written by her Boy Friend Nathan He is the main character in it and the first Actor you will see in the video, and inspired by the H.P. Lovecraft works of years ago.

This is a 5 part web series, and the other 4 Episodes will trickle out between now and Christmas.

I'll be sure to link to them.

Oh and I got thrown in as a couple characters myself in the 5th Episode.

I got to be a Hollowin and a Cultist.

A  month ago when I was helping the two of them move to Chicago I mentioned I'd be willing to help around the set and shoots as a laborer just for something to do. They said sure that would be appreciated.

I never Imagined they would cast me into the film, it was alot fo fun.

I should of volenteerd earlier to help around set, I would of had alot more chances, to play.

Here is a Facebook page for it if you want to speek up to them about it.

https://www.facebook.com/shadowboundseries

• 1. DDz Quorum

I've watched the first 5 minutes and have to leave, but its very good so far.  The mood it sets is very well done, depics the thirties.

I'll turn in my review later when I can finish the first chapter.

I've never been into silent films either, mostly because I didn't take the time to understand them long enough to bother watching.

The idea behind the Silent film is to tell the story with the visuals. The Text cards are there only to fill in the gaps or interpet what is trying to be potrayed.

With that said, its a good thing its pausable, because I read to slow and comprehend what I read even slower LOL

It does take a bit to get into it and to get things interesting. It was originally concieved as a full length feature. So consider this Episode as the borring wind up pitch of oneof those. The 2nd Episode gets alot more interesting.

When you consider the budget and the availible resourses. South West Missouri (Not HollyWood) it is quite good!

These kids if they keep it up are going to leave  a mark.

If you get in the frame of mind and watch it on your big screen via PC/TV HDMI cable you will enjoy it.

I've got an old Gaming rig setup to my old 32" TV as a netflix box, or any other streaming sight, and Skype it works well for this.

It may be worth waiting till all five are out so it can be enjoyed all at once.

This is film noir at it's best! I will be chomping at the bit to see the next one as I was with the last series you posted. I love the cinematography, they captured the flavor of the silent films stunningly! I have but one critique; I am a VERY strong reader (I watch subtitled foriegn films often and rarely struggle) and I found myself rewinding a few times to keep up, they really need to stretch the timing of the text just a bit (obviously being careful not to disturb the timing of the movie) to allow for a smooth flow for the audience. I really only noticed this on the longer segments, so I think they may have cut them all at the same length. Other than that: :salute::thumbsu::icon_cheers::startle::headbang::applaud::death::axe::rock:

LOL! I was typing as you were. I read much faster than I type, so don't feel bad Todd, I had trouble keeping up too, and I bet most people over 25 without a college education will.

(BTW, In my demented mind the above emoticons mean "Very good scary movie")

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Getting better.  I like to look for things in these old, supposidly, films.  Something that wasn't around at that time period.

I noticed the flooring in the detectived office, when he hides under the desk, is the same pattern we had in a room a few years back.

• 1 month later...

All five Episodes are up now.

You all have figured out my Daughter by now and her boy friend.

So here are three shots of yours truly.

Enjoy!

As a Hollow One on the left

post-468-0-59185800-1388540362_thumb.jpg

As a Farmer Cultist on the left

post-468-0-05984200-1388540374_thumb.jpg

As a city Cultist in the center

post-468-0-01060800-1388540382_thumb.jpg

Oh happy New Year!