New Pc Build.. Needs Your Comments/suggestions.

Snacko

Hey Guys!

I have a friend who's husband died several years ago. Her 14 year old son (Connor) wants to build his own computer from scratch. I am not up on all the latest hardware, so I wanted to run this past you and see if you have any suggestions or see any problems.

I am waiting to see what his budget is. He does want to be able to upgrade in the future, maybe crossfire, etc..

I see the mb did not get great reviews.

Also, the power supply didn't get great reviews. Two people complained about lack of connectors and their GPU overheating playing Batman??

Any help would be greatly appriciated. :salute:

Here is his list so far:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard:

ASRock FM2A85X Extreme4-M FM2 AMD A85X (Hudson D4) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

CPU:

AMD A8-3870K Unlocked Llano 3.0GHz Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 6550D AD3870WNGXBOX

Ram:

Kingston HyperX Blu Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model KHX16C9B1RK2/8

Power supply:

XION XON-850P14F High Performance 850WPower supply, compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3/i5 /i7 and AMD Phenom ,SLI/Cross Fire Ready, ATX 12V 2.91 & EPS 12V, QUAD 12V Rails & 6 x SATA

Fan/Heatsink:

Thermaltake Frio Overclocking-Ready Intel Core i7 (six-core ready) & i5 Compatible Five 8mm Heatpipes Dual 120mm Fans Intel & AMD Universal CPU Cooler CLP056

Hard drive:

Seagate Barracuda Green ST1000DL002 1TB 5900 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Bare Drive -Bare Drive

Disc drive:

LITE-ON Black 18X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model iHDS118-04 - OEM

Case:

Thermaltake overseer full tower case

Conner doesn't have a Dad to do this kind of stuff with him. But I want to make sure he has good equipment to start with. I told him I might come up and help him if he runs into problems. He is 3 hrs away in my hometown. So, I can visit relatives and help him out.

Thanks,

Snacko