As For Those Messy Missions Yesterday ...

FoolTrottel

• 1. DDz Quorum

Yesterday, I hosted a series of some 5 coops, and all of 'm were having issues.

They all were selected from the HSFX coop mission pack.

So, the thought was... what is wrong with hissy fit?

Well, as it appeared, it was all caused by the host, basically, by his choice of missions. (That Git!)

Somehow, I picked 4 missions, all 4 of them had the TestRunway2 in it, on a significant location. TestRunway2 is the ' higher' of the black runways, the one you can drop off of, the one that shows vehicles and objects placed on it rather sunken... )

The fifth mission was simply a completely mis-programmed one.

As if someone had programmed part of it on the Crimea map (Take off WP's and landing WP's on an actual airfield in the Crimea), and then used copy/paste to transfer some other part from a different mission on a different map. That's how we got trucks in/on the water, were shot at by invisble AAA (submerged in the Black Sea).

So, really, not much wrong there, you can just leave it up to some hosts to manage to select 5 consecutive missions out of 2400+ to get them all with original and true bugs in 'm....

Oh well... better luck next time!

PS. I am still working on a corrected/better set of coop missions for HSFX, and have just now replaced the TestRunway2 objects by TestRunway3. (Ship$RwySteel by Ship$RwySteelLow), some 330 missions had the high one in 'm. Finger Crossed!

~S~ FT! Not your fault mate (even if you are a GIT). Today I cycled through all missions in folder: "#1 [10-78] Coop" And found that 25 of them are ok, 5 of them I put a question mark in front due to strange (minor things) happend, which I think could be corrected pretty easy (like increase the carrier speed from 20 km/h to 30 km/h so the ai F4u wount ditch on take off). And 13 missions that have more significant errors like planes crashing in the woods, falling down on the runway out of the blue sky, "Blue screen maps" etc. etc.

Also checked 06 Khalkhin Gol (24). Most of them are I-16, I-153 v.s. Ki-21 D3A and other Japanese planes, and all 20 or so missions seem to work.

Also made som "spot checks in" he other folders and every one I tried worked. But they were to many to do a complete check so I called it after a while.

Cheers

• 1. DDz Quorum

I hope that you take notes of these, so that they can be corrected and re-packaged! We understand that there always will be some issues, FT. Thanks for hosting!

Well, I immediately fixed all of those... as I do for any error I come across. After a while, I'll indeed re-package, and upload a new version.

~S~ FT! Not your fault mate (even if you are a GIT). Today I cycled through all missions in folder: "#1 [10-78] Coop" And found that 25 of them are ok, 5 of them I put a question mark in front due to strange (minor things) happend, which I think could be corrected pretty easy (like increase the carrier speed from 20 km/h to 30 km/h so the ai F4u wount ditch on take off). And 13 missions that have more significant errors like planes crashing in the woods, falling down on the runway out of the blue sky, "Blue screen maps" etc. etc.

Also checked 06 Khalkhin Gol (24). Most of them are I-16, I-153 v.s. Ki-21 D3A and other Japanese planes, and all 20 or so missions seem to work.

Also made som "spot checks in" he other folders and every one I tried worked. But they were to many to do a complete check so I called it after a while.

Cheers

Thank so much Sweper! Those tests are indeed a daunting task.... Very much appreciate what you are doing there!

Please let me know which missions are in error, or send me the corrected ones...

Maybe we should take a different approach on this testing: If we do find weird things (like that 5th mission) it might be usefull to check the subfolder where that mission is in, to see whether others in there are also affected....?

Yes, it seems to be the same type of mission that contains the same errors. But not every time. For instance the folder: "#LLT M2010" only contains 4 missions, the first one fails (F4F-3 crash into hangars on take off), but the other three are ok. Well, wouldn´t fly them anyway since it is pitch dark.

None of the Guadalcanal are working, same type of error. Same with the [benghalli] and [China].

Maybe take it ower TS, easier to explain, and not so much to write?!

• 1. DDz Quorum
None of the Guadalcanal are working, same type of error. Same with the [benghalli] and [China].
Weren't those the ones with a UP3-only map in it?

We saw them earlier... I'm sure I've thrown them out already ... :-)

TS will work better than typing, yes... but right now it's too late me thinks to have a meaningfull session... too close to bedtime...