I Guess I've Got A Bit Of Britian Near By

T_O_A_D

I'm going to go check it out in the next few days.

Got any dish/beer you think I should try?

http://ozarksfirst.c...t?nxd_id=605912

Springfield Restaurant Named Best British Restaurant Outside of the UK

320x240.jpg

(Springfield, MO)--Many people haven't heard of the Farmers Gastropub in Springfield but it's gaining an international reputation.

The Telegraph newspaper in the UK has only good things to say about the eatery.

Bill Griffiths had been retired for three days when his wife gave him a rather direct message: "get back to work"

Bill decided to put his love and expertise of European cuisine to work here in the Ozarks -- and the results have been positive for the palate, and the economy, of the Ozarks.

Bill Griffiths checks on another satisfied customer at Farmer's Gastropub in Springfield.

The authentic British cuisine served up daily has become so noteworthy, it's even pulling in international praise.

"To us, its just blown us away," says Bill Griffiths, co-owner of the Gastropub.

The Gastropub was selected by the U.K.'s Telegraph Newspaper's Best of British competition, as best restaurant - beating out international competition from Beijing to New York City.

raw.jpg

"We found that this place in Springfield, Missouri that probably nobody in Britain has heard of has created its own culture with food so good that its customers must go online and tell other people about it," says James Flint, editor of the Telegraph Weekly World Edition.

"We are so proud and it gives us an opportunity to help promote the Springfield and the Ozarks," Griffiths says.

When you come to the Gastropub you will find British food, British beer and even British condiments. While Bill has brought the UK to the Ozarks, he says the Ozarks was already a lot like the UK to begin with.

"What people don't realize is when I first moved here I was amazed at how much parts of England this area of Southwest Missouri is like," Griffiths says.

It's access to those rural farms that helps bill create dishes that are satisfying appetites while stimulating the economy at the same time.

"We have a sustainable policy where we try to buy everything as close into Springfield as possible. That way we put our purchasing dollars right back in the local community. And that supports the community."

Its a real badge of pride to win an award like this," Flint says. "And I think its a real sign that they are serving fantastic British food. Obviously, I recommend all your Missouri viewers go out and sample it."

Griffiths is in London this week accepting the award in person. He also is meeting with other gastropub-like restaurants to figure out better ways to network here.

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Todd,

How do you feel about Liver and Bacon with mash and lots of gravy M8 :huh: mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Looks like a nice place but if it wants to be really British they should serve very small portions and charge a fortune..........oh yes and it should be cooked by a Polish chef ! LOL

Cheers, Mick.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok So I got a chance to stop by there today.

I had their special fish Taco's Pretty bland I won't get that again.

Fairly expensive also for the meal and a glass of tea cost me a little over $18.00 US.

post-468-0-97288400-1331675500_thumb.gif

post-468-0-57495500-1331675524_thumb.gif

post-468-0-33608400-1331675553_thumb.gif

post-468-0-67638500-1331675570_thumb.gif

post-468-0-94198300-1331675588_thumb.gif

No Spitfire!!! :angry:

post-468-0-37882800-1331675607_thumb.gif

post-468-0-94156400-1331675622_thumb.jpg

post-468-0-01568200-1331675647_thumb.gif

post-468-0-94955300-1331675660_thumb.gif

post-468-0-86053100-1331675671_thumb.gif

post-468-0-81515300-1331675694_thumb.gif