Locking External Views After Takeoff

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Ok I have now got this sorted (thanks to Fruitbat for asking the question over at SAS).

I spent some time this afternoon going through various settings until, bingo, it worked.

Settings needed to be as follows

In difficulty settings - External Views to Off (toggle switch to left) No Externals light illuminated.

then at the end of the .mis file the following lines of code

[Mods]

ExternalViewLevel 0

ExternalViewGround 1

On the ground you can use externals but then once in the air, external views are disabled.

I shall be adding it to the North Africa Map settings.

Friar

• 2. Administrators

this works for co-ops,

[Mods]

ExternalViewLevel 1

ExternalViewDead 1

ExternalViewGround 1

Again, you have to have no externals set on difficulty.

these settings will give you externals on the ground, and when dead, but only friendly, which i think is cool for co-ops.

I think the ExternalViewDead setting doesn't work in the mds missions,

from the original readme, that shipped with UP2.01,

External view levels (mission parameter)

----------------------------------------

With this option, with 'No External Views' turned on in the difficulty settings, all players who have this mod will still have limited external views. The external view level can be either 0, 1, or 2.

Level - 0 (views that allow you to see your own aircraft)

- External (F2)

- Chase (F8)

- Flyby (F3)

Level 1 (All level 0 views, plus additional views that allow you to see friendly aircraft)

- Next Friendly (Shift+F2)

- Next Friendly Chase (Shift+F8)

Level 2 (All level 0 and 1 views, plus additional views that allow you to see enemy aircraft)

- Next Enemy (Ctrl+F2)

- Next Enemy Chase (Ctrl+F8)

On the server, in the [Mods] section of the mission (.mis) file add the line: ExternalViewLevel 0 (or 1 or 2)

External view only while player is on the ground (mission parameter)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This option further restricts whatever the ExternalViewLevel parameter is set to, to only work when the player's aircraft is on the ground. When used without ExternalViewLevel, it has no effect.

On the server, in the [Mods] section of the mission (.mis) file add the line: ExternalViewGround 1

External view only when player is dead (mission parameter)

----------------------------------------------------------

This option further restricts whatever the ExternalViewLevel parameter is set to, to only work when the player is dead. When used without ExternalViewLevel, it has no effect.

On the server, in the [Mods] section of the mission (.mis) file add the line: ExternalViewDead 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

I think I would agree with Jabo on not using it for co-ops.

Each .mis file would have to be amended for it to work, so perhaps it could depend on who was flying and what the lowest common denominator was?

• 1. DDz Quorum

I think I would agree with Jabo on not using it for co-ops.

Each .mis file would have to be amended for it to work, so perhaps it could depend on who was flying and what the lowest common denominator was?

1. Will just be trying it out.

If there's just one of us in mission that states 'I hate this' or even 'I do not like this' or 'Hey, WTF?' it's back to what is was... but let's just give it a try! :shaunv2:

2. The way I host, it is sufficient for me to change one text file, and flip one switch in the game to go from one setting to the other one.

Goes for all missions I host. No need to edit each separate mission file. O0

• 2. Administrators

what about a compromise,

[Mods]

ExternalViewLevel 2

ExternalViewDead 1

ExternalViewGround 1

Full externals, but only if your dead or landed.

Its to easy to hunt stuff down when your in the air with externals on, kinda takes the suspense out of the mission, when someone shouts out there 4 so and so somewhere....

• 2. Administrators

I think my point was that I'm rubbish as it is, no point in making matters worse.

Mission survival for me is pretty much down to not running into Fruitbat, Fenrir, Blubear, Arthur, FT, Sid, Painless, Friar etc etc etc...And especially not that git Sweper. :thumbsu:

Jabo

P.S.

what the lowest common denominator was?

See above and a bit left.