Bu0386 And Yoke Refurb+Upgrade

Cold_Gambler

Quick question:

The pots in place have three prongs. Currently they've only got two wires attached... can I leave them that way? It seems I should have three wires (Ground, input, and 5 v+). The middle one is input, and I assume that the other presently attached is 5v+, is Ground necessary?

All CH pots have 3 pins also and the Ground wires are used throughout. You can daisy-chain the ground wire to each pot throughout the system so that you only need to make one or two connections into the the Bodnar board for Ground. (not sure if it needs to be a ring or a serial connection - check with Leo B)

5V+

This one can be serialised too Fighterstick_USB_Page_3.pdf Green is ground and blue is 5V+ in this example. Again I think you could ask Leo B. for the full SP

(The full SP? - it's a betting term, SP= starting price ;) )

• 1. DDz Quorum

Bodnar board's pots can be easily wired the easiest way.

I've routed both Earth and +5V from one pot to another, and only connected the third one to the middle connector on the bodnar board.

This way you can use one of the black pop-on connector thingies to connect three pots, instead of using three of those :icon_cyclops_ani: ... No, not true, you will be needing one more, as you do need a +5V and Earth, for sure!

I hadn't realized that the pots can share a common 5V+ and Ground (makes sense, just hadn't occurred to me). Instead of having 12 wires going from the pots to the BU0386, I can get away with 6! Great news, doing that will keep things much neater inside the casing.

Hadn't realized my yoke was giving me the finger, LOL... Now I'll have to get that out of my head, which will probably reinforce the image rather than banishing it.... :D

Thanks Brando,

I was a bit bummed that I can't quite get the second side switch in but I'll likely revisit that issue. Leaves a bit of a hole there. Otherwise I'm quite pleased with it so far. My curse of hamfistedness seems to have stayed dormant so far this project :)

The gas guy cut through an electrical wire so my computer room was out of commission this afternoon so I started soldering. Not enough to test but If I can scrounge a couple of hours I should have it wrapped up for the handle. Time to start ordering the slider pots and thinking about how to configure the throttle-mix-pitch button box.

cheers,

C_G