Is Il2 Joy Control Broken For 4.10?

Snacko

I just tried using IL2 Joy Control and it has several Hotas listings with blank names. I am guessing they are for new axis like the Brakes and Flaps that it does not know about? Has anybody looked at this?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Haven't looked at it in JoyControl... It probably finds the setting, but does not have a proper 'translation' for the name used in the settings.ini file. And thus leaves it blank. Yes, that's an issue, as you will not be able to tell which is which. :confused3:

IL2-Sticks does not make that 'mistake', it will list them.

I tested it, have added 'zoom' and 'radiator' sliders, and it recognizes and shows them as such.

(It does not have a proper translation for it either, but because of that, it decides to use the term it finds in the ini file. Clever programming.)

Hooray for IL2-Sticks! :occasion5:

• 1. DDz Quorum

Tested it? Yes, I have set both zoom and radiator on my stock installation set to a linear sensitivity using IL2-Sticks.

It works, as the in-game sensitivity screen shows the same sensitivities.

The only thing that could be confusing when using IL2-Sticks, is that currently you can create profiles of settings in both IL2-Sticks ánd in the Game itself.

Not mixing those up is the greatest challenge me thinks.

IL2-Sticks will only look at and work with the settings that are the current profile in conf.ini. It will not recognize nor use the profiles saved from within the game.

Haven't tested/tried JoyControl, but I suppose it works in the same way.

Too bad it does not show the newly found axis'.

(I created IL2-Sticks in 2006 or so, at the outcome of the 4.0 patch. Some russian guy saw it, and kinda used the idea (and maybe some of the programming via reverse-engineering - I dunno) to create IL2 JoyControl. Thus JoyControl is tecnically quite similar, its main addition is that it shows the position of your controllers axis when you move them.)

Oh yea, I had forgotten that you mentioned you had made one. So, this is it. Well I like it alot and even more that it still works. It looks like the other guy hardcoded some of the code that lists the axis.

Using IL2 Joy control I have that >100 checkbox check so I can go past 100% when I want. In IL2-Stick it reads those settings at just 100 when they may be higher. So, I will loose any settings that are above 100 if I use that. That feature actually works well for my Throttle, where i have it increase faster than normal so when it reaches that 'afterburner' bump, it is a 100% throttle. If I go over that I am then in WEP.

Thanks for the response.

Hey FT I have another question...

Last night I was trying to turn on the Aircraft numbers so we could see who is in what aircraft in coops. I went into the FMB and open a Dogfight Mission that I had, and I went to the MDS menu and selected HUD Settings. I then checked the checkboxes for the Pilot Number and the other one (I forget it's name). I did the same for a coop as well. But the pilot number only shows on those two missions.

How do I just turn this feature back on for all missions?

• 1. DDz Quorum

As far as I know, (for coops/single missions) switching those HUD options (Pilot number and pilot AC Designations) is not related to the mission.

You can switch them in FMB, without having a mission loaded. Next, any mission you host/run will run with that (global) setting.

(Maybe one should switch them with no mission loaded?)

That's what happens over here..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Haven't looked at it in JoyControl... It probably finds the setting, but does not have a proper 'translation' for the name used in the settings.ini file. And thus leaves it blank. Yes, that's an issue, as you will not be able to tell which is which. :confused3:

IL2-Sticks does not make that 'mistake', it will list them.

I tested it, have added 'zoom' and 'radiator' sliders, and it recognizes and shows them as such.

(It does not have a proper translation for it either, but because of that, it decides to use the term it finds in the ini file. Clever programming.)

Hooray for IL2-Sticks! :occasion5:

Have looked into this a bit closer.

It appears a 'Hooray for IL2-Sticks' is not really a correct qualification.

The thing messes up similar to JoyControl, but only when one is using a profiles.

In that case, the settings for the new axis (like zoom and radiator) are saved in the profile, but not being read from the file correctly when one tries to apply a saved profile.

Now I gotta wonder whether I'll fix IL2-Sticks for this, or not.

Oh well...

• 2 years later...

Last time that I used it, it worked fine.  That was about a year ago.  I don't think anythings changed in the joystick settings has it?

But I think they did add a similar interface to adjust those settings into the game, so you don't really need IL2 Joy control as much.  But I still like it better.

• 1. DDz Quorum

IL2-Sticks is new best, be sure!  :shaunhb:

Snacko is right, basically, the in game interface has the same functionality... so better use that, mainly, as you can access it 'on-the-fly' ...

Both other utilities add the copy/paste which can be handy...

Still, the biggest problem is figuring out what the best settings are for an axis... it so depends on hardware used, and your personal preferences...