NEW DISCORD SERVER DETAILS - SIGN UP NOW - Dogz Members Only Private Thread ×

Rise Of Flight Is Now Free!

PropNut

According to 777 Studios they are making the demo download unlimited use with two free planes, SPAD 13 and Albatross DVa. It will show up as a demo when you start it until you buy an additional plane and then it shows as owned. Other than the restriction on the free planes everything is unlimited.

More info:

http://riseofflight.com/tryrof/en

• 2. Administrators

Personally, I hope that this change to their business model includes a hefty payback for those who've paid for the developement of the game with their hard-earned. Hmmm?

Jabo, I have never agreed with their business model but I like the game so much that I really cannot cry about it (ok, I do cry about things, lots of things....just ask my wife, but not RoF, lol) I think this is a step in the right direction.

Delta7, Welcome aboard! You will love the graphics in this game, watch for the fabric of your wing snapping in the wind, you can hear the wires singing! Oh boy do I like this game. (can you tell? ;) )

• 2. Administrators

I like the game well enough, although I don't play it that often, I just have some issues with certain aspects of their modus operandi.

Jabo

P.S. It is remarkably pretty though.

That's pretty kool, at least for people who have a rig that can run it well. You really need to have the setting maxed to appreciate it though, if not it's just kind of bla. Still if it turn people on the the sim that's a good thing. Maybe we will get a few more dogz out of this who knows. Only thing about it that I cry about is that the ground war seems pretty weak but as far as the rest of it goes it's a winner.

I'm so enthused by the improvements they've made that I decided to fill out the hangar with the remaining aircraft I didn't have and all the field mods.

While I'm not crazy about the "nickel and diming" business model; I understand the business realities facing small studios like 777. If Jason Williams hadn't stepped in as an investor a year and a half ago and bought out NeoQB, RoF would have died, simple as that. There just isn't a mass market for hi-fidelity flight sims.

To date I've only bought those additions that I was really interested in, and waited for a 50% off sale to do so. This struck, for me, a reasonable balance between cost and content.

Today I purchased all the outstanding items not because I'm likely to use them all that much but because I feel that they've earned it through the creation of the new content and upgrades made. The new content is sufficiently substantive to have justified a new package and a $45 price tag. The amount of work which went into creating the new aircraft and the campaign is palpable.

At this point the only thing that I can think of that needs some work is the AI.

I hope that releasing a RoF with a very limited plane set will bring in those last few hold-outs who have not yet checked it out.

I'm so enthused by the improvements they've made that I decided to fill out the hangar with the remaining aircraft I didn't have and all the field mods.

While I'm not crazy about the "nickel and diming" business model; I understand the business realities facing small studios like 777. If Jason Williams hadn't stepped in as an investor a year and a half ago and bought out NeoQB, RoF would have died, simple as that. There just isn't a mass market for hi-fidelity flight sims.

To date I've only bought those additions that I was really interested in, and waited for a 50% off sale to do so. This struck, for me, a reasonable balance between cost and content.

Today I purchased all the outstanding items not because I'm likely to use them all that much but because I feel that they've earned it through the creation of the new content and upgrades made. The new content is sufficiently substantive to have justified a new package and a $45 price tag. The amount of work which went into creating the new aircraft and the campaign is palpable.

At this point the only thing that I can think of that needs some work is the AI.

I hope that releasing a RoF with a very limited plane set will bring in those last few hold-outs who have not yet checked it out.

:iagree:

I feel the same way about this sim and Jason's hard working team !!

I was amazed when I flew online yesterday looking at the improved distance view of the ground while flying high! WOW, what a sim. For the DDz that are going to try this sim, please don't get discouraged if you have some problems setting it up the way you like. There are a lot of us (RoF'ers) that will always be glad to help you out ! :)

For the DDz that are going to try this sim, please don't get discouraged if you have some problems setting it up the way you like. There are a lot of us (RoF'ers) that will always be glad to help you out ! :)

+1 :thumbsup:

Well, so far things are looking good. I've finished decorating my study and my wife has promised to stop describing it as "the swamp" to anyone who comes around.

I've re-sited my 'office' in a salubrious corner and finally mounted my reproduction White Star Line oil-lamp on the wall - it's only taken me 20 years to use it since I bought it!

Now I only have to build my new joystick and control panel, and sort myself out with a decent seat, and I'll be ready to pester you with questions on setting up the game!

Anybody got a set of elves? They need to be able to solder, bend metal and read electrical symbols - I don't need the boot-maker types, I need 21st century elves. ;)

Well, so far things are looking good. I've finished decorating my study and my wife has promised to stop describing it as "the swamp" to anyone who comes around.

I've re-sited my 'office' in a salubrious corner and finally mounted my reproduction White Star Line oil-lamp on the wall - it's only taken me 20 years to use it since I bought it!

Now I only have to build my new joystick and control panel, and sort myself out with a decent seat, and I'll be ready to pester you with questions on setting up the game!

Anybody got a set of elves? They need to be able to solder, bend metal and read electrical symbols - I don't need the boot-maker types, I need 21st century elves. ;)

Hey Brando, good luck finding elves :) I sure would like to find a few of them myself. I guess patience is the key here. Building a pit or a panel definately takes some time. I have constructed my own swith panel using a Leo Bodnar's Universal Joystick Controller BU0836X board. Using the •8-direction POV hat switch as 8 x buttons I have a total of 40 programmable switches / buttons. Its a WIP, I still need to buld my Trim Wheels box, and more stuff. Soon my plan is to get rid of that left side panel and build a dash board with switches and instruments. We'll see how that goes. All of my buttons and switches are in working condition :)

Thanks for the help of Propnut (Davis) that really helped me out building this because I'm not electronically oriented :) but I'm learning.

Here is the link for the Leo Bodnar board if your interested: http://www.leobodnar.com/products/BU0836X/

Here are a few pictures of my panel. I'm sorry about the picture quality.

DSCF2109.jpg

DSCF2111.jpg

MT