Setting Up A Connection

I have to spend some time in this section as I like the looks of some of the topic titles but in the mean time I have a question.

I have figured out how to build a simple co-op mission, I can launch it, select my plane slot and fly but how do I get someone else to join me. Is it a simple matter of giving someone my IP address or is it more complex than that?

Yes, just give them your ip address. If you have a router you will need to open up ports to be forwarded for IL2. Look at this site:

http://portforward.com/

You don't have to buy anything. They do have some advertisements, but just skip them...

Select your router.

Select the Game IL2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles

Follow the instructions on how to open up port 21000 for the game.

Test by having somebody connect to your game.

That's it.

Snack

Quite simple really!

When you enter Multiplayer, instead of join server you have to select Create Server. Then the person joining has to enter your IP. If you are using a router you may have to port forward 21000. http://portforward.com/

BTW Gothkreiger, are you by any chance flying with another group? Your membership with the dogz permits that but we would like to know what other group you are flying with.

Quite simple really!

When you enter Multiplayer, instead of join server you have to select Create Server. Then the person joining has to enter your IP. If you are using a router you may have to port forward 21000. http://portforward.com/

BTW Gothkreiger, are you by any chance flying with another group? Your membership with the dogz permits that but we would like to know what other group you are flying with.

Thanks for the info on setup. I have a wireless router so I guess I will need the extra step to have someone connect. Can`t really practice wingman situations with only the AI and I would like to work on that.

I fly with the Dogz, I frequent a few Hyperlobby servers regularly, and do a little campaign type flying against other online groups with JG27. Been watching comments from various places about this Scorched Earth Campaign thing, looks interesting and I think as I get better (that will still take time) I would like to get into. I am starting Joint Ops June training which will start the beginning of the month. But really when it comes down to it I fly mainly offline, the 109 being my plane of choice, creating training scenarios with full real settings so I can also practice Nav and aircraft identification as well.