Il2Fb.exe - Malaware

[rgmw]largie

HI guys

Quick heads up. I only managed to fly 1 mission last night on the ubizoo co-op due to some unusal PC shennanigans.

Today I launched 4.10, exited it. Used JSGME to disable 4.10 to go back to UP2.01 and subsequently I could not launch the game executable ( IL2fb.exe) as my anti virus (Grisoft AVG) deemed it to be malaware. Subsequently it also stopped me running JSGME with the same error message.

I have now run a full scan of my machine which has found no further errors but I thought I would post this in case anybody wanted to chedk their machines as it seemed quite a co-incidence.

Cheers

Dave

• 2. Administrators

Not sure this is a problem with il2 largie. Do you have any problems running any other .exe files? Or is it just il2?

In my experience avg is notorious for this sort of thing. Failing that, run the updater to check your game files are good

Not sure this is a problem with il2 largie. Do you have any problems running any other .exe files? Or is it just il2?

In my experience avg is notorious for this sort of thing. Failing that, run the updater to check your game files are good

Hi Jabo

I let AVG remove what it considered the infected files and restored recent backup copies and it's all working perfectly now. JSGME is switching between 4.09, UP2.1 and 4.10 and each version is running fine.

I've not had anything else be reported as a problem so I'm tending towareds thinking it's a genuine warning.

Cheers

Dave

• 2 weeks later...