Duxford 2010 Camping

[rgmw]largie

• 2. Administrators

Well done Largie, that's a nice site from the looks of things. Don't forget Saturday evening is beer and curry session at the Black Bull in Sawston, but if you come back to the Red Lion with the rest of the motley, we can all go from there.

Jabo

hmmm, very interested, haven't sorted out accomadation yet, how far is it from the red lion?

Wotcher.

Sadly the Red Lion is the other side of IWM Duxford, but this is still the closest campsite I could find to it.

Distances are Campsite -> IWM Duxford 3.08 miles

IWM Duxford -> Red Lion 1.9 miles

Campsite -> Red Lion 4.9 miles

If you do fancy camping I *ALWAYS* have a box of beers with me and would be delighted with the company (you'd have to bring your own tent as mine is on the "Bijou" side ! )

Cheers

Dave

• 2. Administrators

Yeah, i'm in for that. I'll phone up tomorrow.

Got my own tent, spent 10 weeks in it straight once in aus, so its a familiar friend, no worries there, lol!

Like the sound of always a box of beers, we're doing to get on famously, :laughing7:

its close enough that we can go back to the red lion and have some beers for the boys in the evening before retiring, so sounds like a plan :happy6:

I'm usually up and about early on Legends day (excited, can't sleep etc lol) so if you want picking up from the campsite, and back to the RL for breakfast, that's doable.

Cheers Jabo, that's a really great offer. :- Tinned beer is OK but draft from the hotel bar would be cracking !

Dave

• 2. Administrators

Yeah, the bar's not open in the morning, but at least your transport will be at the campsite rather than you having to get to the RL to get it back 'cos I wouldn't suggest driving it back to the campsite after a beer and curry evening.

Jabo