Re: UK dedicated 3 is back up and running

Fired the old girl up on Sunday night, we had 16 on last night incl 2 DD guys, just to let you gents know you are all welcome on the server and we hope to see you on there again soon. It`s on Hyperlobby as UKDed.3 or direct ip as 87.237.59.116:21000. It`s running on FBDj server software, is mod friendly and has skin download enabled.

Thx

Hi Jim, yeh long time no speak, hope you and your chaps are all ok. Thx Tonar, it`s always a pleasure having you guys on the server and it`s great to have UK3 back and running. Keep checking our forums though as due to financial constraints we might have to move the server to the new location, i`ll keep you all up to speed with the ip`s etc. UK3 costs £60 a month to run at it`s current location, we`re hoping to get it self sufficient, either by actively encouraging donation or giving another squad part ownership. I`ll drop some cash in your Paypal link on Friday, since i`ve been more actively involved in the server side of things i`ve realised it`s not free and takes a lot of time and effort. Look forward to seeing you guys soon, make it your second home, your always welcome.

:) thx for contributing at all mate, anything is gratefully received. The other location we house UK1 and Uk2 at has a 6mb fibre connection, in the daytime we share it with a small office building. We might move UK3 there, at full tilt with 36 players IL2 draws approx 1.5mb of bandwidth, peaking when a mission loads and people join, the available bandwidth should be fine in the evenings and at weekends, because the office wallers have gone home. In the day we get occasional lag spikes due to the shared usage, and Fri at 4.30PM they all appear to be backing up, this results in ping kicks. But we have a fairly trouble free time of it usually, I don`t see a major problem if UK3 moves there, but i`d personally prefer it to stay where it is, on its own dedicated line.