Screen Help

Blairgowrie

• 1. DDz Quorum

Try this in the conf.ini file found in the IL2 main folder - it's near the top of the list (opens in notepad....just in case ;)). The width and height refer to whatever the resolution is:

[window]

width=1680

height=1050

ColourBits=32

DepthBits=24

StencilBits=8

ChangeScreenRes=1

FullScreen=1

DrawIfNotFocused=0

EnableResize=0

EnableClose=0

SaveAspect=0

Use3Renders=0

I am at my buddies house and he just got as new 22" monitor. However, the viewing area is cut off on both sides by 2 x 2". I have tried increasing the resolution but it makes no difference. Does anybody know how to stretch the screen out? He is using XP Pro

:bg:

Couple of settings...

Go into Control Panel, and then Display (Unless there is an Icon for his video card on the desktop he can right click...might be on the lower right near the time).

Look to make sure it is set to widescreen.

Make sure it is set to a resolution that matches his monitor (you can find them in his manual).

Also, when you say cut off, do you mean the actual desktop area is cut off (can't see all of the Start button) or that it is simply not filling out the the entire screen.

DT

• 1. DDz Quorum

Sorry Jim, only just seen this..

My his system is a mess isn't it!

First thing is the chipset drivers:

http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/via_hyperionpro_v522a.zip

You may have to force the CPU to AGP Controller as we did with Tonar's system Linked here for you.

Realtek Soundcard:

Depending on which model it is (got a mobo make and model?) Choose from 2, 6 or 8 Channel to match his sytem

Graphics driver is just not there...but I know you know where to go for that!

Once chipset is updated Device manager/dxdiag should at least know what make and model it is now.

Thanks Rog. That is most helpful. Guy lives 30 miles away and is on 30kbps dial up. He has zero computer savy. He does not have any manuals or CD for the mobo. Next time I go back there, I will take a CD with his chipset drivers on them and at least get that working. I might also pull his computer out and have a look at the mobo.

:bg: